Re: Error Code 20:2

by Isabellapc97

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue with the New Creators version of Windows 10. Clean Booted, Opened ports, reinstalled, took down firewall to no avail Frown. Hope they fix this quick...

Message 21 of 45 (1,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everything was working fine till this last update now cannot do a thing. 20:2 error and nothing works, Uninstalled Origin, Deleted all Origin directories, Uninstalled AVG, Rebooted, Nope will not install Origin at all. Not a happy camper............................

Message 22 of 45 (1,396 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I bought a new PC computer TODAY, and I'm having this problem. I have virtually nothing on this computer and it gave me this problem. I've tried clean boot, safe mode with networking, reinstalling, everything imaginable. I talked to one of the people in their customer service chats and they told me to switch to Windows XP!? which is literally impossible this is a Windows 10 computer. Very frustrating.

Message 23 of 45 (1,378 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So, this is happening to me too and I'm on MAC. So I think Origins is just broken. I don't think I can even access my games offline because it's asking for some permissions or something. If I accept, it tries downloading something but stops midway and doesn't progress. Then if I don't accept the permissions, it just closes the entire Origin application. 

Message 24 of 45 (1,361 Views)

★ Novice

Its probably just a bug (which Origin is best known to have), its most likely going to be fixed in a week

Message 25 of 45 (1,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Everyone!

I found this another setup, but largely file size roughly 217MB, it does work! (it is OriginSetup.exe, not OriginThinSetup.exe, because thin is lightweight)

https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Message 26 of 45 (1,342 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I FOUND A THREAD THAT FIXED THE PROBLEM.

Basically people are having trouble installing with OriginThinSetep.exe

Someone figured out to instead download a older version of the Origin Installer: (OriginSetup.exe)

https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

I can confirm this worked for me I just posted a comment about the new computer I bought and now its working.

Message 27 of 45 (1,339 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. I had just bought battlefield 1 and was playing it perfectly fine after reinstalling origin then just today i had to reset my pc due to a windows 10 issue, because of this origin got uninstalled then i had to reinstall it. I went to reinstall and ERROR CODE 20:2 happened cant install it at all. now i cant play the game I spent 45$ on. please respond 

Message 28 of 45 (1,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So, where do I put this "OriginSetup.exe" once I've unzipped it? I'm not really adept with computer file placements and I'd rather not f uck up my Origin application.

Message 29 of 45 (1,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EVERYONE I FOUND THE SOLUTION AND I JUST TRIED AND IT WORKS: http://filehippo.com/download_origin/

Message 30 of 45 (1,302 Views)