Re: Error Code 20:2

by juanjox_AE

Original Post

Error Code 20:2

★★★ Newbie

First time trying to download Origin and will not install. I get half way through the installation and get Error Code 20:2. I've tried suggested methods but still no luck. Any Ideas?

Message 1 of 45 (10,167 Views)

Community Manager

@goopie1051

Another player had this error and was able to get past it by booting in safe mode with networking:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-won-t-install-error-code-20-2/m-p/5613133

Give that a try and let us know your results here, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 45 (10,118 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too

Message 3 of 45 (9,466 Views)

★★ Novice

it did't work for me Frown

Message 4 of 45 (6,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue this guy is. I've done a network safe boot install, clean boot install, installed as administrator, and all three with install as admin. No firewall is on, I've plugged directly into my modem still nothing. I shouldn't have to do all this to install software. What garbage Origin is, can't even games I've played for. Im also on Windows 10

Message 5 of 45 (6,597 Views)

★★★ Novice

WTH I'm having the same issue, have done everything, clean boot, safe mode with network, opened ports, EVERYTHING, and still get the same error 20:2, what else should I do????

Message 6 of 45 (6,503 Views)

★★ Novice

Ive been at it for a few hours with no luck. I thought my file was currupt so i deleted it and now every time i try to download it gets to about 30 mb and then fails

So Frustrated!!

Message 7 of 45 (6,472 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same Problem. 

I can not go Online with Origin. 

I deleted it and was trying to install again but i just get this error-message. 

I guess it has something to do with the big Windows 10 Update?!?

Message 8 of 45 (6,425 Views)

★★★ Novice

same issue, seems to be a thing right now... 

Message 9 of 45 (6,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just spent 60 on a game and it wont download origin so I'm pretty pissed

Message 10 of 45 (6,074 Views)