Re: Error 196620:0

by DarkBanishing

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error 196620:0

★★ Novice

Got the Humble Origin Bundle 2, Origin had to update, and now none of my games are downloading. All I get is a "Download Failed" notification and a "WE'VE ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM" message, along with the error code 196620:0 . I tried again ten minutes later with a different game and got the same message. I've done this six times total. No change.

Message 1 of 16 (28,120 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

jesshaar the first step, checked in Origin/Application Settings/Advanced/Safe Mod Downloading-checked Enable Safe Mod Downloading and do not forget make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights and restart Origin.
-to run the setup file Origin with Admin rights. http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (31,013 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

jesshaar the first step, checked in Origin/Application Settings/Advanced/Safe Mod Downloading-checked Enable Safe Mod Downloading and do not forget make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights and restart Origin.
-to run the setup file Origin with Admin rights. http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 16 (31,014 Views)

★★ Novice

WOW!!! After all the other solutions, this one actually works.

In order to get to those origin/application Settings/advanced. You have to log into the origin client and click on the origin menu in the upper left-hand corner. After that, just follow the steps.

Anyways the error is related mostly to security/internet problems. If you are running a proxy/VPN you will need to disable those. This also includes HOLA, which is another common problem with this error. 

However, if you tried everything else. Then try enabling the safe mode option listed below by yahel_1. This does work for me.

Message 3 of 16 (27,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm so thankful for your help.

It's really helped m because I strucked with this problem for so long.

You're the man..

Message 4 of 16 (27,019 Views)

★ Novice

Finally !! Than you so much that worked perfectly.

Message 5 of 16 (24,707 Views)

★ Novice
Hi I'm having the same problem and I'm trying to do what you've said however I can't not find nor locate where it's days advance I see application settings but it only gives me three options default screen, language, and show origin after game play please help me locate the advance button
Message 6 of 16 (24,489 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it's under Diagnostics

Message 7 of 16 (23,004 Views)

Note to @Straatford87:

1. Slam dunk for @yahel_1 Thumbs up Large smile
  2. New solution for the list. Standard smile
Message 8 of 16 (22,980 Views)

EA DICE Team

Great post, @yahel_1!

And thanks for the heads up, @DarkBanishing - it seems that we're on a roll this week :D

Message 9 of 16 (22,969 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi  Standard smile@DarkBanishing , @Straatford87

What can I say!? :eahigh_file: CoolThumbs up

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

Retired champion.
Message 10 of 16 (22,964 Views)