Error 196602:0 and 196613:0

by rebuiltHK47

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error 196602:0 and 196613:0

★★★★ Apprentice

I started the recent Solo season part 2 update, and when it reached 90%, the download stopped and Origin gave me the 196602 error. Now when I try to download the update for Battlefront 2, I receive both the 196602:0 and 196613:0 errors.

196602 happens when Origin is not running as administrator.

196613 happens when origin IS running as administrator.

I do not receive either error when I have safe mode downloading on. I also don't receive it when using my phone tether to download (yet). 

To add to all this, when I am running as administrator, the update says it has 6.78GB to download. When not running as administrator, it's 5.26GB. Seems to me there is a problem with Origin.

I am not willing to leave safe mode downloading on because it drops the speed to 40KB/s. I am not waiting 20 hours for something to finish.

I already did all the troubleshooting tasks. None of them worked.

I have had no trouble for a long time. I have changed nothing. Only new thing is the update for SWBF2.

Message 1 of 4 (528 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 196602:0 and 196613:0

★★★★ Apprentice

When I said I did all troubleshooting, I literally meant "all". So I already tried that. My tethering did encounter issues too. At inconsistent times, I would get one of those errors. All I had to do was click the "close" button, and start it up again and it would do fine for a while again. Didn't have safe mode download turned on either. I couldn't do that with my high speed sat internet with safe mode off. It wouldn't do anything over my sat internet with safe mode off.

Whatever was causing the issue went away today. A couple hours ago to be exact. I have no idea what the cause was. I have no idea why it stopped, but it resolved itself. I suddenly received the error message that tells the user that they can't be logged in to more than one device, and now it's working perfectly fine. Full high speed, no running as admin, no safe mode slow download.

Side Note: I have no other devices running Origin that are turned on, and I have already checked my linked devices. They're all mine. I already changed my password too. Nobody has hacked my account. Origin is just being... well... Origin.

This thread can be closed, marked as solved (even though there was no solution), or deleted. What a weird event.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (481 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@rebuiltHK47

Can you please clear your Origin cache as follows and let us know if that helps you get past this issue:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Rebooting your router also cannot hurt so do that too.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (494 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

When I said I did all troubleshooting, I literally meant "all". So I already tried that. My tethering did encounter issues too. At inconsistent times, I would get one of those errors. All I had to do was click the "close" button, and start it up again and it would do fine for a while again. Didn't have safe mode download turned on either. I couldn't do that with my high speed sat internet with safe mode off. It wouldn't do anything over my sat internet with safe mode off.

Whatever was causing the issue went away today. A couple hours ago to be exact. I have no idea what the cause was. I have no idea why it stopped, but it resolved itself. I suddenly received the error message that tells the user that they can't be logged in to more than one device, and now it's working perfectly fine. Full high speed, no running as admin, no safe mode slow download.

Side Note: I have no other devices running Origin that are turned on, and I have already checked my linked devices. They're all mine. I already changed my password too. Nobody has hacked my account. Origin is just being... well... Origin.

This thread can be closed, marked as solved (even though there was no solution), or deleted. What a weird event.

Message 3 of 4 (482 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Guess what, the exact same thing happened to me. I've been trying to update my Apex Lengeds and been wrestling with this issue. In the end I tried safe mode downloading (speed was painfully slow) and left it overnight and it barely downloaded 37%(out of 2.56gb). Being fed up I started searching for a solution again and ran into your thread. Just like you said I just clicked on 'CLOSE' and tried to download again and voi-la! Its downloading without the safe mode downloading!  Shocked

I don't know what really happened, its kinda weird but it seems the 'Close button' is the key after all!

Thanks a ton, this helped me a lot! Large smile

Message 4 of 4 (393 Views)