Re: Error 131082:0

by hdlsbg

Original Post

Error 131082:0

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So here's the story -  I receive this error whenever I try do download, update or repair a game. I can start a download of one of the free games I acquired via the On the House campaign, but the download won't finish. It outputs an error - 262150:131086.

It's a fresh install of Windows (7 Ultimate x64) AND Origin.

Here's what I tried (some of the "fix" attemptes are suggestions by EA Support):

- reinstalling origin - both manual and automated uninstall (using the the normal uninstaller);

- running origin as administrator;

- safe mode w/ networking;

- clean booting windows (disableing all startup software and all non-microsoft services);

- reinstalling winzip;

- running ccleaner;

- all AV software is removed, Windows Firewall is disabled - it's not a network problem, I've tried installing on another PC in the same network - it's working fine;

- checked hard drive and memory - no errors;

None of this helped. The result is always the same. I'm open to suggestions.

Message 1 of 6 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Novice

At first, download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well). Close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

Try to deactivate your firewall/antivirus software and/or check the online ports of your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

If that doesn't work, check this out. http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/#3

Please let me know, if this problem after this workaround still exist.

Message 2 of 6 (1,212 Views)

★ Novice

First - Thank You for the repply.

Second - As I already mentioned, I've already tried all those things: it is a fresh install of origin, it is running as administrator, it is not a network issue - tested on a notebook running in the same network, with the same settings - no errors.

Message 3 of 6 (1,209 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't find a solution, so try to contact a Game Advisor.

If that solve your problem, don't forget to give me experience Confusedmileytongue:

Message 4 of 6 (1,202 Views)

★ Novice

Well, I already tried that aswell. I've talked to 3 different persons - nobody was able to help me.

Message 5 of 6 (1,191 Views)

★★ Novice

i have the exact same issue ... still cant get it to work .... i was wondering though if you downloaded the sims 4 CAS demo and also had issues ... cause i did download that and had some of the same types of problems with it as i did when trying to get sims 4 to install .... i ended up goin the route of changing some registry keys to get sims 4 to even install and i never got the CAS to work ( gave up trying after the game was released caseu why bother lol )

im still under the belief that this is a issue with origin and it not recognizing something due to the way i had to install ... cause i get the error almost instantly after it starts to verify game files ... i have tried to communicate this with the dev team but have not yet gotten a ersponse about it ... and i dont think they have even bothered to look into it since the only fixes they ever talk about it what is alreday listed here and that doesnt work 

Message 6 of 6 (1,008 Views)