Re: Error 10048

by ivrognard

Original Post

Error 10048

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to get Sims 4 Dogs & Cats since roughly when the sale started. I attempted multiple payment methods (paypal, credit card, both through the Origin application and online) and got error #10048 each time.

Of note - after two days of trying this, a friend offered to buy me the expansion if I paid him back. When he tried to buy it for me, he got the same exact error. When he tried to buy himself a stuff pack, it went through with no problems. I asked him to try again a couple days later and he once again got error #10048. This seems to be a problem with my account, not with my payment methods.

I've tried to contact EA through normal support options but the chat never loads, despite telling me there's a 0 minute wait time initially. The pop up window opens, gives me a "Please stick with us until we confirm your case number on the page behind this window." message, and then... stays that way even when the case number loads, and even if I leave it open for an hour+. I have tried this in multiple browsers.

(Seriously it just kinda seems like everything is broken, I know.)

Anything I can do to fix this or should I give up on getting games through Origin unless they're free?

Message 1 of 2 (226 Views)

Re: Error 10048

@svirdilu if you use an adblock, that may get in the way of contacting support. Personally, i've used the old Internet Explorer 11 when i had to contact support, as it always worked fine and the chat window appeared quite fast. For some reasons, the more modern browsers would block the chat window and the users are stuck to that screen. You can try different browsers or go straight to IE 11 and see if the chat works with any of them.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (194 Views)