Email about sanction, but ??

by EijiNeko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Email about sanction, but ??

★★★ Novice

So, I just received an email saying my account has been sanctioned for cheating, but I'm not sure why, or on what game? 

I only use EA for Origin, to play the Sims 4 and the Sims 3, although I also have Fe, Dead in Bermuda and ME2 on my Origin, but not installed, and not played any of those in at least 2 years. But I have noticed, when I opened Origin just now, because of the email, that I have Apex Legends, but, I never bought that, and I have less than zero interest in it, considering...well, I'm not sure what the game actually IS. 

The email states that I've contacted EA before about the sanction, but, I haven't. This is literally the first time I've heard anything about any of this. And it says the sanction is being upheld, because there is evidence of cheating, but doesn't say what the sanction is. I don't want to lose access to my sims for something that I'm completely in the dark about! 

Please help me

Message 1 of 4 (946 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Email about sanction, but ??

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @EijiNeko 

We would be unable to assist with Bans on the forums you would need to get in contact with our TOS team here. That being said based on the information you have provided I would recommend reaching out to an EA Advisor first for them to review your account and security, you can reach them here. If you have further questions about Bans you can check out our post with more information. 

regards, 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (926 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Okay, so, I clicked Apex Legends, and it says it's been played for 8 hours, and on my account, it says it was bought in Hong Kong. I live in the UK. I think I've been hacked. Someone, please help me. 

Message 2 of 4 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @EijiNeko 

We would be unable to assist with Bans on the forums you would need to get in contact with our TOS team here. That being said based on the information you have provided I would recommend reaching out to an EA Advisor first for them to review your account and security, you can reach them here. If you have further questions about Bans you can check out our post with more information. 

regards, 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 4 (927 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you. I called EA, and got a lovely guy called Vlad, and he has helped me resolve the issue with the hacking. I think he's also escalated the issue to the TOS team, to get the sanction removed (it was a Apex legends ban. I'm not fussed, as long as I'm not banned from the Sims). 

Message 4 of 4 (916 Views)