Re: Email Change

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Email Change

★★★ Novice

It seems easy enough, but I have lost access to the email I used to create my Origin account.

I still have access to Origin because I remember everything, but every. single. time. I try to do the account recovery form, they tell me I've not provided sufficient information.
I STILL HAVE ACCESS TO ORIGIN.  I'm LITERALLY looking at my account information when I'm filling out the form, but every time I do it, I get the same canned response.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (633 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

We cannot help with account-based issues on AHQ @Outlaw1109 so the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (612 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

We cannot help with account-based issues on AHQ @Outlaw1109 so the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (613 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's funny.
You can't help me, the Advisers say THEY can't help me and the people I send an email to always respond with the same canned answer.
So, in summary, no one can help me.
You're claiming that I can't "verify" my information, but again, it's the precise information in my profile.  

So, next question, how do I get my refund for my purchases over the years?  I don't want a discount.  I want my money back, you can simply refund it to the card on my account, no verification required because I'm not asking for it to be sent elsewhere.

Message 3 of 4 (568 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Outlaw1109.

Due to the very public nature of forums, we're not able to verify ownership of an account through them because we can't ask for the sensitive information that would be required to verify. We recommend doing that one-on-one with our EA Help game advisors, on the phone or in chat, so as to maintain the security of your account information and personal information.

Additionally, refunds also cannot be done over the forums, but there's a lot of great information regarding our refund policy (the Great Game Guarantee) that you can look over here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

I hope that helps.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 4 of 4 (564 Views)