Re: Ea play grey screen Xbox one s

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Ea play grey screen Xbox one s

★ Novice

Hi, hope you can help. I’m trying to use EA play on my Xbox one s. All I get is a grey screen. I’ve looked at some answers which haven’t helped. I Have a ea origins account and this is not linked to a Xbox account so have been unable to unlink. When the app loads it goes to a grey screen. I’ve tried deleting, turning off my Xbox, turning it back on and re downloading the app with no success. Any ideas what I should do now. My Xbox name is Trustiest9Dog.

Message 1 of 6 (789 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Trustiest9dog, sorry to see that your game is not launching.

In a situation such as this, the first thing to do is ensure that your console and game are fully up to date.

If that makes no difference then clearing the cache and powercycling your console is next.

You can do this easily enough by following the steps below:

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely.
  2. Unplug the power cable from your console and then press and hold the power button on the Xbox a number of times to clear the cache.
  3. Plug your power cable back in and turn your Xbox back on.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (775 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko Thank you for the reply. I’ve tried this without success. It still just looks like it’s loading and then goes to grey screen.
Message 3 of 6 (749 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Trustiest9dog I would recommend speaking with Xbox support to see what they can recommend.

They would be better placed to troubleshoot issues with apps on the console. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (738 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko Thank you. I’ll do that, hopefully they’ll be able to sort it. If so I’ll post the fix here
Message 5 of 6 (726 Views)

Community Manager

Let me know how you get on @Trustiest9dog.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (724 Views)