Ea charging me 1 dollar but says my card is not working?

by breemck18

Original Post

Ea charging me 1 dollar but says my card is not working?

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to buy a Sims4 expansion pack. I have tried 3 different cards, and the cite keeps saying the cards are not valid. But when I look at my recent transactions on those cards it shows EA charging me 1.00 multiple times. I don't know what to do. 

Message 1 of 2 (255 Views)

Re: Ea charging me 1 dollar but says my card is not working?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @breemck18

This quote from our EA Help article "Buying on Origin: Orders and payment information" may shed some light on the 1.00 charges:

EA Help wrote:

You may see a small transaction on your account's online statement within a day or two of any pre-order purchase or update to your saved payment method.

These are temporary transactions we use to verify the payment information called pre-authorization charges. They’ll automatically refund within seven business days.

Changing the card types would fall under 'update to your saved payment method'. There is more information in the EA Help article linked above on how to make purchases on Origin including approved payment methods and more.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (220 Views)