Re: ERROR 9.5

by SparklyNary

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ERROR 9.5

★ Novice
I updated my sims 4 for windows 10 and it wouldn't launch. It would get through 6 seconds then stop responding and freeze. So i uninstalled the sims 4 then installed it again. After this, i had to update my origins but it would stop and say "ERROR 9.5". I decided to skip the update use offline but it crashed. After restarting my pc, i tried to play the sims 4 again but it said i needed to install origin ( i guess it uninstalled itself ) i reinstalled it again but the same error came up. I looked for a solution but no one had the same issues as me but i tried the only solution that came up, which was to go to properties and and security, but before i can access the security a message pops up saying " The name 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe' specified in Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file is correct. " there's also an option titled "Advanced" on the bottom saying " Choose the advanced properties you want for this shortcut" but i can't select anything.
I recently updated my windows 10 so i don't know if that might be the problem. I would really like some help and ill gladly try anything (:
Message 1 of 4 (1,132 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Ouh! So, I had the exact same problem and clean booting my laptop worked. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,181 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

Hey @ffrey11

This error shows up when there is a program prohibiting your Origin from using the connection. Can you check if you got any firewall and/or anti-virus/malware software installed as this is most likely conflicting with your Origin.

Try disabling them or adding Origin + the games you want to play to their safety list.

If that doesn't work try a clean boot and see if you can install Origin via here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Let us know if any of the two gave any progress!

Message 2 of 4 (1,107 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ouh! So, I had the exact same problem and clean booting my laptop worked. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,182 Views)

[ Edited ]

Indeed, @SparklyNary is right. In some cases a clean boot fixes the problem. Kudos for @SparklyNary! Standard smile

But does it work for @mema744?

Message 4 of 4 (1,068 Views)