EA prevents you from linking your Microsoft account!

by Jedi3Knight

Original Post

EA prevents you from linking your Microsoft account!

★★★★ Novice

I can't link my main Microsoft account to the EA one because it's linked to a very old account that hasn't been used for years!

I called the assistance service and no one can give me an explanation! EA that prevents players from playing its own catalog of games with a paid subscription!

I think it is high time to update your at least questionable policies on account linking and why you have to make your life so complicated. At least explain to me the reason for this policy!

If you can't do anything on the various assistance forums, numbers and chats for support, at least report this very silly policy to those in charge in EA.

I will also contact Microsoft.

Message 1 of 5 (603 Views)

Re: EA prevents you from linking your Microsoft account!

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @Jedi3Knight Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties linking your account. I'm afraid we are not able to assist with account issues here on AHQ. My advice would be to contact our EA Help Support, so we can explore your options. Here is some more information on this:

Unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account

Linking your platform accounts to your EA Account

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5 (571 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

People have been complaining about this for a while. Good luck getting EA to actually care. The fact that this limitation exists blows my mind

Message 3 of 5 (541 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have already contacted support and it seems nobody can do anything, much less explain why you can't change a linked account! I wrote on the forum in the hope that someone in EA will notice this problem or at least know how to explain why it cannot be done to understand why.
Please report this questionable policy!

@EA_Joz wrote:

@EA_Joz wrote:

Hey there @Jedi3Knight Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties linking your account. I'm afraid we are not able to assist with account issues here on AHQ. My advice would be to contact our EA Help Support, so we can explore your options. Here is some more information on this:

Unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account

Linking your platform accounts to your EA Account

Message 4 of 5 (497 Views)

★★★★ Novice
it's crazy, because the first to lose are right in EA, if I can't play the game catalog on the Game Pass with my main accounts I won't try their games, I won't buy their games accordingly, DLCs, etc...
Message 5 of 5 (494 Views)