Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Origin down?

by danishmuneer

Original Post

Re: Game Will Not Launch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

How can you POSSIBLY think that a two year old graphics driver is still good for the very latest of games? 

\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_10BC1462&REV_A1\4&5435C8C&0&0008
   Driver: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs

\dbInstaller.exe, 8.17.0013.1070 (English), 12/3/2012 
Message 66 of 409 (188 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

How can you POSSIBLY think that a two year old graphics driver is still any good? 

\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_10BC1462&REV_A1\4&5435C8C&0&0008
   Driver: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs

\dbInstaller.exe, 8.17.0013.1070 (English), 12/3/2012 

To be honest, I've been thinking about that.  I am fully aware that my Nvidia drivers are out-of-date.  However, the last time I tried to update them (from Nvidia) my entire display got hosed, so I reverted to the previous graphics driver, and all was good.  I play a lot of top-end games and haven't had any issue previous to DA:I, and since I see a lot of other players having the same issue I want to see if there is some other solution before I take the graphics driver update plunge again.

EA support finally got back to me and indicated that the error code reported means that I have broken registry entries from installing the Origin app.  I uninstalled Origin and DA:I and fixed the registry entries.  I'll re-install tomorrow and hope the problem will be fixed.

I appreciate your feedback, Gorath, and am still keeping the driver possibility in mind.

Message 67 of 409 (167 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

May I suggest that you not only use a Clean Install process, but also run a program similar to Cclean to sweep up the last scraps afrter uninstalling the current drivers before going on with whatever driver comes next. 

Message 68 of 409 (150 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

May I suggest that you not only use a Clean Install process, but also run a program similar to Cclean to sweep up the last scraps afrter uninstalling the current drivers before going on with whatever driver comes next. 

Great suggestion - Richard from EA Support recommended I install CCleaner to fix the registry errors caused by Origin.  Running it also fixed some Nvidia and Windows registry errors, so I shall try to upgrade the video drivers as well before re-installing Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Message 69 of 409 (138 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I uninstalled, ran CClean, re-installed.  Game still will not launch.  I patched with Origin, still no go.  I "repaired" the game, still no love.  My next step is to get a refund for a **bleep** game (pardon the French).

Message 290 of 409 (98 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The Great Game Guarantee is semi-automatic, but will have expired.  In either case, you have to deal with EA Help Center.  Sorry to hear of your disappointment. 

https://help.ea.com/ 

Message 328 of 409 (83 Views)

Dragon Age Inquisition/ cant install do to temporarly unavaible/server issues.

★★★★ Novice

Its almost like the title says. I cant tell if its me cuz i just got DA:I today and already had some issues just trying to log on. If anyone knows this issue or its cuz of the issues that ive noticd from other post about origin being Ddos and all that. I would really appreciate some replies that could at least help me here. Ive already done the run origin as admin stuff as well as trusted it on my AV. Any help would be appreciated. I dont want to pay for this game for nothing.

P.S. sorry for grammar.

Message 321 of 409 (89 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition/ cant install do to temporarly unavaible/server issue

★★★★ Novice

Also. I have the physical copy.

Message 342 of 409 (80 Views)

My Dragon Age: Inquisition CDkey won't activate / Game doesn't show up

★★★★ Novice

Hello peeps,

I bought Dragon Age: Inquisition today in the store. How-ever when I tried to activate it in Origin, the trouble started.

1. First I had to press 'redeem key' numerous times, because it couldn't connect to the EA servers.

2. When I finnaly managed to fill my key in, it got accepted and was indeed seen as a Dragon Age: inquisition key

3. How-ever, this game has never shown up in my library.

4. So, after 3 I re-tried activating it, how-ever now it already says it's activated (WTF?), but it doesn't appear in my library(I pressed reload my games, restarted the PC, updated to the beta client etc etc. Nothing works.

Anyone have a solution?

Message 124 of 409 (159 Views)

Re: My Dragon Age: Inquisition CDkey won't activate / Game doesn't show up

★★★★ Novice

Great now all my games are gone wtf?

Message 157 of 409 (128 Views)

ea-promo

Do you need to talk to us?

We’re here to help! Here’s how to get in touch with an EA Advisor.

I need to contact EA

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help