EA locked access to my account 1 day after I purchased Origin Access Basic

by Anonymous

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA locked access to my account 1 day after I purchased Origin Access Basic

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

[!] Read before you reply with "Please appeal or read the TOS at help.ea.com blah blah blah" :

I have read the TOS and User Agreement I finds that I didn't violate any of it.

I have appealed 2 time with the same reply. 

I believe that my account was locked or terminated falsely.

===================================================

Story:

I haven't bought anything on Origin other than Battlefield 1 (Which is refunded by Origin Great Game Guarantee because the game doesn't have English UI)

Spoiler

and Origin Access Basic.

Spoiler

1 day after I purchased Origin Access, I was logged out of my account, using my saved password to login to my account. I was still unable to login to my account. I have contacted EA support and find out that my account is banned for Multiple Payment Failures. Which I think meant that the transaction is failed by chargeback which I didn't do. I didn't get any email regarding the punishment (I have checked Spam folder as well) So I go into my PayPal account and seems that transaction did go through and I was charged.

Spoiler

So, therefore, I didn't chargeback. The payment were sent to EA. But my account is banned!

So, I contacted support again for the appeal and get this respond which doesn't help me on why i was banned or which payment went wrong.

I believe that my account was banned falsely. You, EA could be against your own TOS.

My experience with your support in which I would describe as worst in the gaming industry.

I was charged for nothing. I don't know what I'm banned for, or even if it's false or not.

Can someone help me what is "Multiple Payment Failures" meant other than chargeback?

And any EA staff that can help me with this?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (823 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA locked access to my account 1 day after I purchased Origin Access Basic

Community Manager

@Anonymous Your post was move because Origin - General Discussion is for issues and conversations relating to Origin whereas this forum is for general questions concerning EA and as such your post is more appropriate here.

In relation to your issue, sorry if you are not happy with the sanctions placed on your account but unfortunately a Terms of Service sanction is not something which we can discuss with you on AHQ. Our ToS team are the only people who can discuss your issues with you, as such I am locking this thread as there is no further information we can provide you.

Please reach out to our ToS team with your questions and concerns.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.
Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (665 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
Just adding this here for EA staff. I notice quite a few posts recently about the lack of email communication from EA, and think there's something that needs to get investigated too. Personally I am subscribed to several EA newsletters, although I've never actually received any. It may be quite a widespread issue with emails not getting out.
Message 2 of 4 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Why did ea move the message from Origin - General Discussion to EA - General Question.

Are you trying to hide my message? 

Message 3 of 4 (719 Views)

Community Manager

@Anonymous Your post was move because Origin - General Discussion is for issues and conversations relating to Origin whereas this forum is for general questions concerning EA and as such your post is more appropriate here.

In relation to your issue, sorry if you are not happy with the sanctions placed on your account but unfortunately a Terms of Service sanction is not something which we can discuss with you on AHQ. Our ToS team are the only people who can discuss your issues with you, as such I am locking this thread as there is no further information we can provide you.

Please reach out to our ToS team with your questions and concerns.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.
Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (666 Views)