Re: EA live chat wait times

by Fireheartxssb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA live chat wait times

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been trying off and on since 10AM EST today (it's 6:15PM EST right now), and I still can't get an advisor on. 

10am it said there was a wait time of 5-10 min, and I waited a hour and half before I had to do something else. The latest try said the ETA is 10-15 min, and I've been waiting for 3 hours now.

I've tried different computers and I still can't get anyone on. 

Message 1 of 26 (48,494 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just got with them. For anyone with this problem use another browser (I had problems with chrome)

Anyways, I had a horrible time with the rep. They wouldn't even transfer me to the manager, and I was as nice as I could be. I even said they were being helpful and told them thank you (I know CS is a thankless job). 

View in thread

Message 2 of 26 (53,611 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just got with them. For anyone with this problem use another browser (I had problems with chrome)

Anyways, I had a horrible time with the rep. They wouldn't even transfer me to the manager, and I was as nice as I could be. I even said they were being helpful and told them thank you (I know CS is a thankless job). 

Message 2 of 26 (53,612 Views)

★★★ Novice

Swapped over to Explorer, was using Chrome. Waited about 4 hours . . All cause I need to get PSN account link swapped.

Old Origin account uses an email I long ago deleted, etc, etc.

Message 3 of 26 (47,518 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the tip on changing web browsers. I switched from Chrome to edge and instantly I was able to start a chat. I wasted over a hour on chrome......

Message 4 of 26 (44,263 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This was my issue. Switched to IE, was seen in seconds. Thanks, guys.

Message 5 of 26 (44,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, switched from safari to chrome on OSX and was connected to an advisor instantly.

Message 6 of 26 (43,077 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you guys uninstall Chrome? I switched from Chrome to a freshly installed Mozilla and IE, and then onto Edge, and I still didn't get a reply. Tried from 30mins-1 hour. (I did not uninstall Chrome)

Message 7 of 26 (42,312 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Everyone needs to be aware that around the world, the size of service offices and the available services differ from place to place.  On the final page of the contact series, below the choices offered, is where you find out any limitations.  In North America, the best hours are 10AM through 6PM, Mondays to Fridays, and the worst times are after 10PM and on weekends.  Before 8:00AM this morning, the USA and Canada offices are / were still on weekend shifts, on which the waiting times regularly can exceed two hours, because the staff then is quite small. 

Regarding browsers, my personal preferences are to avoid Chrome like a Plague, same for Opera now.  Safari for Windows has gotten outdated, and isn't being upgraded any longer, but I liked it well enough, although it was always slow.  Anyway, it's the settings and addons more than almost anything else causing the browsers to block connection.  You need to have a virgin browser copy with zero add-ons and straight default settings.  It also helps to flush browser caches regularly. 

Message 8 of 26 (42,305 Views)

★★ Novice

I am aware of this, but I think that the whole system is just broken for me. I got Mozilla just 30 minutes ago, and I disabled even the addons that came with the program and I'm still waiting. I was going to go for UK, and it said there were no advisors (the time was 19:20 GMT 0) but when I refreshed it, it said that the wait time is 5 minutes. It always said the wait time is 5 minutes but other people keep complaining that the wait time for them is like 40 minutes and complain about it, but for me the time never changes. Anyways, I went with the US, but it's still searching right now. I know that there is like 5 time zones in the US, but I'm just so confused right now. Bought BF4 9 days ago, and now 3 days in a row I get no reply.

Message 9 of 26 (42,277 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The "continental" USA has four zones, plus Hawaii makes five, yes.  It is 2:40 PM in the Central Time Zone, on DST adjustment.  It was right at 8:00 AM when I read your message this morning. 

You don't happen to be in eastern Europe, where you might be using an Internet Provider anywhere from the former USSR, are you?  There are recurring problems with more than one such provider -- one or another of our Community Managers here will know more about that, if it's your situation.  Most correspondents you will reach on AHQ are just game players, such as myself. 

Message 10 of 26 (42,270 Views)