EA gift cards

by Ethyrdude

Original Post

EA gift cards

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

An issue arose during the holidays (Yes, Still celebrating!) Standard smile where somebody had given me a prepaid card specifically for me to buy some DLC.  Unfortunately, EA doesn't accept the card I was trying to use and while discussing this with some others on the sims forum, we were saying that it's too bad that EA doesn't seem to offer gift cards in other countries, at least not in Canada, so it seems.

I ended up requesting a refund on the prepaid card as it wasn't much good to me and using my regular credit card.  While that is fine for me, it seems that it's been made extremely difficult to buy gifts for other people.  Sure I could go through origin and gift somebody but if the person wanting to buy a game for someone else and doesn't have need of an origin account, it would be difficult for that person to buy a game or DLC for somebody else.  As discs are no longer being distributed to various retailers, it seems that a potential market is being missed. 

The Sims (4) are being targeted for an age group of twelve and above, there aren't many children who have a valid credit card.  Many receive money from parents and grand parents during the holidays or for birthdays, but are unable to purchase the items they want.   Parents aren't always willing to let their kids borrow their cards or even use their cards online to assist in these purchases, which means lost revenue.  Perhaps there needs to be a better way to provide a way for people who don't have access to a credit card to be able to purchase and pay for games and DLC.

Edit: I know this isn't a bug but I feel it needs some attention.

Message 1 of 1 (292 Views)