Re: EA email and in-game email are different

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA email and in-game email are different

★★★ Newbie

I have tried to reach out to EA support dozens of times with no response.

I can access my EA account just fine. I have my two-factor enabled.

But when I try to get into any EA game, the authorization is under another email and the app authenticator also does not work. How can I get the game to reset the account it's trying to make me authenticate into? It's definitely not any of my emails.

Attached is the prompt I get with the wrong email address.

Message 1 of 2 (332 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @nolmcc0595

Based upon what you're describing it sounds like your Xbox account is most likely linked up to an entirely different EA Account. If you're not familiar with that email I'm wondering if someone else may have accessed the account and changed the email at some point. 

Unfortunately we don't have the ability to investigate account issues here on Answers HQ. That's something the EA Help team would need to look into from their side. I know you've already tried reaching them, but when you have a chance I can only recommend trying to set up another case so they can pull up the account. 

For more information on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them via Twitter or Facebook instead.  

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (302 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @nolmcc0595

Based upon what you're describing it sounds like your Xbox account is most likely linked up to an entirely different EA Account. If you're not familiar with that email I'm wondering if someone else may have accessed the account and changed the email at some point. 

Unfortunately we don't have the ability to investigate account issues here on Answers HQ. That's something the EA Help team would need to look into from their side. I know you've already tried reaching them, but when you have a chance I can only recommend trying to set up another case so they can pull up the account. 

For more information on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them via Twitter or Facebook instead.  

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (303 Views)