Re: EA banned my account for buying coins from a third party (youtube promotions)

by EA_Francois

Original Post

EA banned my account for buying coins from a third party (youtube promotions)

★★ Novice

Dear,

EA banned my account for there my brother bought coins from a third party. In the beginning I was furious because I wasn't aware of this and the banned my account without any warning. I invested at least 300 euros when FIFA 14 came out in buying coins and creating a great team. Yearly I easily spent 500 euros in this game and do this glady beacause I lik palying FIFA and sharing that experience with my brother. 

It clearly stipulates in the general conditions that buying coins from a non register third party can get you your account banned (my brother, 17 years old, was unaware of this offcourse). I sent an email to accountsdispute... and they told me that after verification they took the right decission. Never having sent me proof of this, what I kindly asked them to do. OK, I accepted the ban.

But the Origin told me they lifted the ban and the only conflict remaining was with EA (3 months passed by in the meantime). Since then I have sent them allready close to 25 emails and I never received a reaction. My season ticket was not refunded (packs you get for free when you take yourself a season ticket, etc...)

The I think to myself that EA could have the curtosy to answer my questions and the descensy to reimburse me for the products I never received fully. And then offcourse I would love them to lift my ban, 3 years of FIFA going to waste because of a mistake of a minor is a bit exagerated (no recidivism on our behlf, we learned our lesson).

I would love to call EA headoffices to explain my problem and to finally get some help on this matter because I will not give up my account nor the money spent on it!

If no descent response comes on behalf of EA I will gladly go with this problem to press isntances, because your forums are filled with these kind of allegations and frankly your customer service really is below par. Allthough the game advisors are extremly friendly I have to say.

Thank you for having taken the time to read this.

Hope to hear from someone whome can really help me quickly.

Yours truly

Sabri 

Message 1 of 10 (6,434 Views)

Re: EA banned my account for buying coins from a third party (youtube promotions)

★★ Expert

@belgicas86 

I appreciate that you seem to be receiving some conflicting information, ToS (AccountDisputes) are informing you that the ban is valid but Origin are saying that it has been lifted.

In short I can't promise that any review of your issue will result in the ban being lifted. However, I will be escalating your post here for the attention of one of our Community Managers, with the goal of atleast giving you a clear indiciation of the state of your account and any bans that may be active.

Message 2 of 10 (6,366 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
In this case, it was a miscommunication on the part of the advisor who led you to think that whatever sanction had been taken would be lifted.

By saying "they would revert you back soon," the advisor actually meant "they would reply back to you soon."

Apologies for the misunderstanding and the disappointment.
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 3 of 10 (6,358 Views)

★★ Novice

There is no misunderstanding at all, if you would read my message with attention I said earlier: Origin lifted their ban and I am sure EA wil as well. My problem is not the lift of the ban (whome is in it's essence) but the lack of reactivity on behalf of EA. I am very happy that in this forum people react instantly and the same for the game advisors.

But accountsdispute must be the worst service in the world. Imagine it would be a store and they happily tell you that the thing you do not agree with will be answered within a week or 2 or even a month or so (and do not forget that we are paying customers).

This is unacceptable!

And I also believe that theirs sanctions are very hard, especially considering you do not get warnings from EA about coin buying from third parties and it being promoted all over Youtube. There are attenuating circumstances.

I don't know for you bot for me loosing 300 euros worth of money invested in this account is a lot. And knowing that I am a paying customer EA is loosing a good customer like that.

Anyways I would love someone to get me in touch with accountsdispute asap or to have a phone number where I can explain my situation properly.

As I said earlier I will not rest untill I reccuparate my account and receive compensation for the time lost.

Yours truly,

Sabri

Message 4 of 10 (6,335 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!!

Message 5 of 10 (6,334 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)
I get what you're saying, but reading the information on the cases you opened with our customer service, I see no indication whatsoever that would indicate a change of situation with your account.

Our account disputes team will get back to you in due time, but other than that there's no way we can help with your situation on Answer HQ.
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 6 of 10 (6,305 Views)

Re: EA banned my account for buying coins from a third party (youtube promotions

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I was banned as well without a warning from EA.

Message 7 of 10 (6,039 Views)

Re: EA banned my account for buying coins from a third party (youtube promotions

★★ Novice

Hey, just wondering, did you manage to get your issue fixed? Did EA remove the ban or did you have to apply further measures?

Message 8 of 10 (3,613 Views)

@MGSDaniel as stated: buying coins from third parties will result in a permanent ban. That is stated in the TOS. 

I can't recall seeing a reversal of the ban decision since i've registered on Origin. It's always a good idea to read the TOS and the EULA, even it's like watching dry paint. But those can be really educational and tell you exactly what you can and what you can't do. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 9 of 10 (3,605 Views)

Community Manager

I've locked this thread as it is over 5 years old.

If you have a TOS sanction on your account then you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (3,544 Views)