Re: EA and Origin is a joke

by Lalababy21

Original Post

EA and Origin is a joke

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The new Origin is a joke just like this company, enough said.

Please who ever came up with the new client needs to be fired, what a damn mess it is. The old Origin client was good since it did the job and WAS CLEAN AND EASY TO USE. You cannot even pop out your downloads anymore and the scaling is god damn awful.

Any way to get the old client back thanks?

Edit: I never marked this thread as "resolved" why does EA feel the need to cover up all the bs, i now know why a lot of people dislike this company.

Message 1 of 12 (1,175 Views)

EA Staff

@Crazy_NRG I am sorry to hear that you don't like the new client Frown

We are aware of some the issues and the team is working on them . As for the scaling could you please try changing the zoom settings (View - Zoom) to see if this helps?

Message 2 of 12 (1,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I agree with the OP, the new side bar is not needed, it makes it look very cluttered and messy, the chat bar at the bottom left should also be able to be removed.

The last look was clean and easy, allow us to customise the look and layout, I understand you wish to sell more but having the store and games constantly on the page is annoying where before it was in the tabs or the drop down menus.

I have to zoom it to 75% just to make it look sort of okish, the chat box is so small after that I can hardly read it, it is not very user friendly.

Steam has the right idea with allowing games to be in a list, take a leaf from them and make the left side bar the games list instead of the current store layout, put the store back up where the last client had them and it would work much better imo, I could never have the amount of games I have in my steam list here as it just isn't practical to use.

Message 3 of 12 (1,151 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Crazy_NRG It is not so bad ... We must give a chance ...

Message 4 of 12 (1,148 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@1Guma Really tho?

Honestly yes it's a mess! I tried the whole zooming out thing and no it's not better. There was nothing wrong with the old look. If you wanna add new features, fine but keep the old look as there again was no problems and was a lot easier to use. I wouldn't really care if there was a way to start my game without Origin opening in the first place. Had that been the case, you guys could make the most ridiculous thing and I wouldn't even notice. :D It's waaaayy to big to fit on the screen, cutting off one side or the other when moved and the case is the same when placing in full screen mode.

Message 5 of 12 (1,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@1Guma did that vent back to origin 9 when i am done with this play of DA:I i am gonna uninstall Origin and never look back
They can have that bloated new design for them self.

@EA_Kristi  Origin 10 is not worth the time of day i am off EA and origin if i can't keep origin 9 then this is my last play of DA:I and then i will uninstall Origin and never look back and have canceled my EA access for the same reason.

Message 6 of 12 (1,125 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Hun73rdk Achievements Origin is my main target. Help Ea can not help me. But I believe ...

Message 7 of 12 (1,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

scaling issues aside, the chat box covers half of the UI and when you click on the game to see what information it has you have to scroll down for ever and ever. It's a mess, it's not thought out, how the hell did this get pass Q&A?

The side bar is useless, the old client was 100 times better with the layout, take steam for example it's cleanly laid out and doesn't have all this scrolling nonsense with it. The old Origin client was better than the steam client in terms of layout. I hate also how the shop is the main focus, stop trying to shove games at me that i don't want. Most people know what they want these days, what games they like, they don't need to be forced into peoples faces and it puts people off.

Nothing new from EA, don't test anything they release. It's why i try my best to avoid any games that make use of Origin over the years. Holy *, i could go on but i don't get paid to fix up EAs messes.

Message 8 of 12 (1,037 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I agree, its a mess.

They want to sell more, this way they will sell less.

I do not play games using origin anymore. I do not buy games using origin anymore.

Message 9 of 12 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Expert

The scaling issue has been addressed in the new Beta Client. Here's how to get it.

Click on the Origin menu, and select Application Settings.

Turn on the "Participate in Origin client betas" switch.

Restart Origin and allow it to update.

Message 10 of 12 (1,002 Views)