EA account password getting reset automatically

by Ashikiqbal97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA account password getting reset automatically

★ Novice

For the last 2-3 weeks I periodically get email from origin that my password was reset (sometimes in the middle of a game session) and after that I can't login until I set a new password. The message is : "After detecting potentially suspicious activity associated with your EA Account, we reset the password to protect your personal information. At this time, we do not think the suspicious activity is the result of unauthorized access to EA databases. We think the activity may be related to issues like phishing, using weak passwords, logging in from shared connections, or using the same password on multiple websites."

Why is this happening? I am logging in from a private network, I have two-factor authentication on, I have an unique password with complex combinations for origin and haven't visited any EA sites other than the origin client.

Message 1 of 6 (1,847 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA account password getting reset automatically

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Ashikiqbal97, the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to take a look at your account for any issues. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (1,803 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Also, the password reset link never asks from any security questions or trigger the 2-factor authentication. Isn't that a security risk because anyone with that link can add a new password no questions asked...

Message 2 of 6 (1,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Ashikiqbal97, the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to take a look at your account for any issues. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 6 (1,804 Views)

★★ Novice

What Game?

Message 4 of 6 (1,784 Views)

★ Novice
Not a game, Origin account in general. The 2 games I have been playing are Dragon Age Inquisition and Anthem demo. But the password reset happens sometimes when my PC isn't even turned on.
Message 5 of 6 (1,779 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue is all, but only if I've played Dragon Age.  If I don't play it for a while, or play any other EA game on Origin, I don't get the emails.  

I

Message 6 of 6 (1,732 Views)