EA account is disabled, reset password to activate it again (DOES NOT WORK)

by filipino1974

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA account is disabled, reset password to activate it again (DOES NOT WORK)

★★★ Novice

okay so whenever i try to play any EA game on PS4 it says that my account currently disabled and i should reset my password. i tried this 4 times, and it is still telling me to reset my password. ive tried to log in through my ps4 account on the actual EA website but it still doesnt work. 

ive contacted EA support about it through live chat, to no avail. i wanted to try again and live chat with them again, so i made a new case with the same details and same phrasing, however the option to live chat with them is no longer there. ive put an image of what it is saying to me.

ive read other threads saying how i should change regions, or to disable adblocker, or to try a new browser, but none have seemed to work.

this is why i have resorted to asking other people on this website to see if they have also had the same issue. 

thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 16 (14,845 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA account is disabled, reset password to activate it again (DOES NOT WORK)

Community Manager

HI @filipino1974

Could you please try and check if the following workaround gives you chat options? 

1. Go to http://help.ea.com and log out if you are logged in.
  2. Select contact us -> select Origin -> manage my account -> hacked account -> contact options.
  3. When asking for a name fill in a name you are comfortable with along with a different mail to the one registered on your EA/Origin account.

This should hopefully help grant you the option for chat or call depending on language selected. When you connect with an advisor, at that point you can correct the nature of the case so the advisor can adjust the categories accordingly and continue from there. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (14,726 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

HI @filipino1974

Could you please try and check if the following workaround gives you chat options? 

1. Go to http://help.ea.com and log out if you are logged in.
  2. Select contact us -> select Origin -> manage my account -> hacked account -> contact options.
  3. When asking for a name fill in a name you are comfortable with along with a different mail to the one registered on your EA/Origin account.

This should hopefully help grant you the option for chat or call depending on language selected. When you connect with an advisor, at that point you can correct the nature of the case so the advisor can adjust the categories accordingly and continue from there. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 16 (14,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@filipino1974 I’m having the same issue I don’t know what to do
Message 3 of 16 (14,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello my friend have you had any luck with your problem, bc I still don't tricking know what to do. I just wanna play my damn game

Message 4 of 16 (13,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the same thing 

Message 5 of 16 (13,391 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is infuriating. Why in the hell do I need an EA account just to play a damn game? I've reset the password and it is still not working. Is there any solution to this?

Message 6 of 16 (13,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Obviously not. It seems like many of us are having the same issue. We all paid money for games we can't fully use. Great work EA!

Message 7 of 16 (12,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue except don’t know the email to the ea account linked to my psn,guess I’m done with ea

Message 8 of 16 (12,315 Views)

★★ Novice
@filipino1974 Having the same issue. I see it hasn’t been fixed... I bloody HATE EA so stupid that u need a ea account to play. Such a stupid system. I’ve wasted money on a game that I can’t play. Stupid system stupid company
Message 9 of 16 (12,002 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cheap * company I can’t even play madden anymore smh

Message 10 of 16 (11,365 Views)