Re: EA Security Code email spam

by Dragoness_669

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Security Code email spam

★ Novice

hey, for about 2 months I have received requests for my ea security code multiple times every day. Its constant spam that is not needed because i know my account is safe. So im wondering why its happening so often, if it is someone trying to steal my account surely they would of stopped by now as its gotten them no where, and honestly i dont know what can happen by spamming this code. 

many thanks, 

alex Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (6,895 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Alzexx

You account security is being upheld by the fact that you have two factor authentication enabled, so that is great.

You probably should change your password though:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/if-you-forgot-your-ea-account-id-or-password

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (6,874 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Alzexx

You account security is being upheld by the fact that you have two factor authentication enabled, so that is great.

You probably should change your password though:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/if-you-forgot-your-ea-account-id-or-password

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (6,875 Views)

★ Novice
no way to block this, its all i see in my email and gets pretty annoying. im imagining its by the same person spamming them,

many thanks for the reply
Message 3 of 6 (6,867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry about the necro posting. But the same thing has been happening to mine for Months (over 4) constant daily code verification codes about 3-5 times a day. Change my password and no change. 

Message 4 of 6 (6,732 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry to necro,  but same happens to me now. And funny thing is, i changed the mail address month ago, yet codes are sent to my old address.

Message 5 of 6 (744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sorry to necro, the same thing is happening to me as of the past week it started with steam all my items got wiped (steam 2fa is * 0 notifications to approve any trade or anything) i have also had about 30 emails with ea codes and i have changed my password every day the ea email adress also looks scammy as anything [edit: email address removed] seems like a scam when its not if any one in the future has anything thing happen to them weather its people trying to get into your accounts or they are in change every single password you have your email passwords first to kick them out of there then start going through every account do it on a phone tho not on your computer seems like a pain but if you have something on your computer they will instantly have accsess again 

dont log back into anything untill you have run several antivirus scans all on different pieces of software because none of them are 100% they all miss things so having many antivirus aplications will give you your best chance to get rid of what ever it is. safest way tho is to bin all your dirives from your computer remove cmos battery to reset mobo and start from scratch with new drives

Message 6 of 6 (600 Views)