EA: Please Save Our Christmas Vacation!

by monsterhunterd

Original Post

EA: Please Save Our Christmas Vacation!

★★★ Newbie

I am the father of 3 amazing kids. This year, for Christmas, I upgraded to all four of our desktop PCs. My idea was that, for Christmas, I would take a week of vacation, and the 4 of us could play together on co operative 4 player games. That was the only thing we were going to do for Christmas. EA has, imo, the best co op multiplayer games, including our family favorite, Mass Effect 3.  The 4 of us had never been able to play together before now, so we were very excited. Today is the first day of my vacation, and I am installing Cat5e cable in the kids rooms so they do not have to rely on wifi, and will be able to host their own games without me when I am working. We managed to play together on Mass Effect 3 a few nights last week, but now all of our PCs can not log into either the origin app or the web site. When I went to the EA website for support the website told me that all of our accounts were banned. I then noticed that each account has been issued a refund for the basic Origin membership. My best guess was that this was because all four accounts were opened using the same credit card. I appreciate companies like EA trying to keep us safe in an anonymous online world where many become the victims of identity theft. However, the timing of this is unfortunate. I cant be the only father who has had this idea. How else could I have set this up for my kids? We can not all share one account. Surely EA could see that we all logged into Mass Effect 3 at the same time together, or that all 4 accounts were logging in from the same router in the same house. Now I am on vacation and we will be playing something else, which to me is disappointing and frustrating. The kids were really looking forward to playing more me3, then Dragon Age Inquisitions Multiplayer Co Op next. I thought I had a great idea about how we could enjoy the holidays together as a family and it seems like it isn't going to work out like I had planned. I have opened a dispute claim, #54040686, and I hope we can get this resolved quickly. 

Message 1 of 5 (440 Views)

Re: EA: Please Save Our Christmas Vacation!

★★★ Newbie

I apologize for my tone of frustration. I work in retail, and my store gets really busy this time of year. I worked a lot of extra hours, then spent my every remaining waking moment at home building, setting up, and troubleshooting these gaming desktops for myself and my kids. Despite my skill set, this whole project has been surprisingly challenging. EA still is and always will be the maker of my favorite games. 

Message 2 of 5 (435 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @monsterhunterd for any TOS related ban or sanction you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team. 

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Darko,

Thank you. I already tried. When I did the system told me the response time would be 72 hours. We are past that now and still no response. 

I built these gaming desktops for myself and my three kids so we could all play together. It was to be their Christmas present, though we started using them early so we could make sure everything was working. After I got all the PCs running (which wasn't easy) we immediately played Mass Effect 3 together as a family and the kids loved it! I knew right then that I had made a great decision. This lasted about two nights, then on December 9th all of our accounts got banned and our Basic Origin Memberships were all refunded for all four accounts. That was 10 days ago. I submitted a case and still no response. I understood back then that EA most likely had good intentions. Most likely its not every day that a family of four joins EA all at the same time using the same credit card on all 4 accounts. I could understand caution. I am more than prepared to identify myself. I could send in anything and everything if someone would just respond. If no will respond then the only available solution for my family would be to create four new email addresses just for playing EA games. I took a week of vacation so we could play together, and now my vacation is almost over. We have played some Epic and Steam games together these last few days, but everyday my kids ask me if Origin is working yet. For Co Op multiplayer games, EA has some of the very best. I just wish your support team would help us out. 

Message 4 of 5 (316 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @monsterhunterd, during busy periods the time for a response can be slightly longer than normal.

We are not able to discuss any TOS sanctions on AHQ so the best thing to do is give our TOS team time to investigate your case and respond.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (301 Views)