EA/Origin keeps resetting my account password

by MattKiely16

Original Post

EA/Origin keeps resetting my account password

★ Guide

As the subject line suggests, I keep receiving emails informing me that EA has reset my account password (the one I use to login to Origin and all other services) due to suspicious activity on my account. I cannot see anything on the security section of my account. All logins are at my location and the secondary email has not been changed. This happens about once every couple of days, and has occurred twice while I have been in game. I don't understand what is going on, and all the chat support can tell me is reset my password...

What's going on?

Message 1 of 54 (3,150 Views)

Re: EA/Origin keeps resetting my account password

★★ Novice

Happening to me every week for the last three weeks. Chat support suggested it is somehow "normal".

Message 2 of 54 (3,077 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. It's happened twice today for me despite the fact that i have the two factor Authentication.

Message 3 of 54 (3,047 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, best thing to do when you see this is to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 54 (2,992 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Darko  You see the problem is that chat advisors only tell us to do the standard security resets etc, which we have to do anyway when we get these emails. The point I'm trying to make is that speaking to them is doing nothing. I've had to reset my password again this morning after the exact same email I responded to the other day. This isn't simply a breach of individual account security, too many people are experiencing the issue. Moreover, if this was to do with my own account's security, would I not see abnormal login locations in my account?

As I've said, I've already spoken to the advisers twice in the past couple of months about this issue and nothing has been done. Why is this happening?

Message 5 of 54 (2,920 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Darko  Anything?

FYI, for anyone reading this, there isn’t an accepted solution. The one suggested by @EA_Darko doesn’t ‘work’ as the chat advisers only suggest what we are told to do by the emails which are symptomatic of the problem. In other words, going to an advisor doesn’t actually resolve the problem, it just adds an extra step to the problem we already have.

Message 6 of 54 (2,898 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darkois anyone at EA actually going to do something about this problem? I've had to reset my password four times this month. I'm playing Dragon Age Inquisition.

There is NOTHING WRONG WITH MY ACCOUNT OR WITH MY PASSWORD.

You need to fix this.

Message 7 of 54 (2,841 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had this problem too, over the last few weeks, playing Dragon Age Inquisition. I use Origin on my home PC only, with strong password too. I do not understand what is going on, good to know I'm not alone. Please EA, deal with the situation, it's very annoying.

Message 8 of 54 (2,817 Views)

★ Guide

The same with Inquisition. Could it be an issue with the game somehow? Maybe when it uploads to the Keep? 

Message 9 of 54 (2,813 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, same problem with Inquisition. Whenever I quit the game, it freezes and few moments later I get password reset notification.

Message 10 of 54 (2,801 Views)