Re: EA/Origin keeps resetting my account password

by Grimwhizper

Original Post

★★ Guide

Thank you @LowballSavage for giving a temporary solution to this issue.

I'm also among those who are experiencing this because of Dragon Age: Inquisition, and I've pointed it out in at least 2 or 3 other threads.

Hopefully EA will finally see that this is an issue with the game and fix it instead of blaming us for not following their standard security mesures.

Message 41 of 54 (2,249 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue, resetting password every week. Already changed my email but still keeps happening. Only game I'm playing is DAI. At least I'm done so I don't have to deal w/ this problem again.

It seems to affect only PC since when I mentioned it to someone who plays DAI in PS, that person didn't have this issue.

It has been years since I played and bought EA games until DAI. Based on this experience, I'll will not be buying any new one anytime soon.

Message 42 of 54 (2,207 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@LowballSavage wrote:

FIX!

Start DAI and go to Options, then Account, and un-select all the options.

The game no-longer logs into the server. Not had a password reset since.

Thanks @LowballSavage

I won’t accept this as a solution because it doesn’t resolve the issue, but it should be a good method of respite for people that are struggling. I would also add; if you’re concerned about Keep uploads etc, then enable keep uploads before the last mission. I personally didn’t experience the issue every few hours, so you should be fine for the time it takes for you to get to the point where the game uploads most of your decisions, which I believe is at the end credits. Most of my decisions didn’t show on my ‘Current Playthrough’ state until I reached the end of the main game and each respective DLC. 

Message 43 of 54 (2,178 Views)

★ Novice

Just came in here to say that I've got the same problem. Apparently it's so uncommon for people to play their games that they think your account got hacked when you finally play one of their titles.

Message 44 of 54 (1,957 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to give all you an update about this problem. Our team is currently investigating the issue and we've been posting updates about it in this thread - I really recommend to keep an eye on it.

We also have a workaround that might temporarily help you with preventing the unwanted password resets while playing Dragon Age Inquisition.

In DAI main menu, please go to: Options -> Account

Screenshot_3.png

/Ataashi

Message 45 of 54 (1,931 Views)

★ Guide
Spoiler

@EA_Ataashi That’s what Lowball savage suggested. 

Thank you for the update regarding the issue though!

Message 46 of 54 (1,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. It's been going on for 3+ months now, and I get an reset almost every week. I have a unique password on the account (and reset it to a new unique password every time), two-factor authentication, and security questions with made-up unique answers. This only happens after playing DAI; I've played other Dragon Age games, Apex Legends, The Sims 4, and the whole Mass Effect trilogy seemingly without issue (the resets always happen a few hours after playing DAI and nothing else). EA's only action thus far has been to repeat a possible workaround - not a true solution - a player found (and, again, that took 3 months). There are multiple other threads with the same issue. This needs a fix.

Message 47 of 54 (1,770 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Are you really not going to solve this damn problem ever?

Message 48 of 54 (1,657 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here. Playing DAI and had 3 password resets since 19 January. I haven´t had a lot of time to play so maybe this is why I´ve had less resets.

The difference is though I do not remember playing DAI in January, but I got a password reset out of the blue. But I´m not sure about it.

Two other resets definitely came while I was playing DAI. One was last week and another this week.

Message 49 of 54 (1,538 Views)

★★★ Novice

Lol, I can't believe this! I've been getting some Origin password resets lately, and decided to investigate. The first link in google guided me here and what to do you know: I've also been playing DA Inquisition recently. It's surprising to see people having this issue now, considering the game is 5 years old.

Honestly, this game is a hecking clusterfuck. First I kept having constant crashes that I couldn't find a solution to. (Everything else kept running perfectly on my PC) Now after changing my GPU I've been able to play this game again, only to find this issue. Had I known that a full AAA title has this much issues after all these years, I think my DA saga would have ended in DA2.

Message 50 of 54 (1,327 Views)