Re: EA Live chat not working

by gor3zilla

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Live chat not working

★★ Novice

As the tittle says, it's not working on me. I have Java Script on, Adblock paused and my internet connection is fine. I have over 10 times tried to reach live chat due to my game refund problem. I have waited hours with same thing. There only is that "Loading animation" and a text "You are being connected with a game advisor" and ofc case number. But anything never happens. EA also dont have Email for any issues (Except privacy issues) what I know. I'm very disappointed to EA customer service. 

Message 1 of 12 (7,460 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@Daxuboo

Hi,

Perhaps phone is an option if chat doesn't work for you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (8,108 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@Daxuboo

Hi,

Perhaps phone is an option if chat doesn't work for you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Message 2 of 12 (8,109 Views)

★ Novice

How is that an answer? EA needs to pull their finger out. It's obvious that the live chat doesn't work. How does EA expect to sell DLC for games that have had the same bugs since day one. Just take the Ea live chat page down instead of giving people false hope.

Message 3 of 12 (7,240 Views)

EA DICE Team

@sp00k137

Hi,

From my experience, live chat often doesn't work because it's blocked on the browser via either settings or addons. I've also seen it being blocked by anti-virus or anti-malware programs.

The thread I linked in my previous post offers tips to troubleshoot in case chat doesn't work. Should you still be unable to get through to chat then you can always call us, or ask us to call you (if this function is available in your region).

Message 4 of 12 (7,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Comment Removed - Admin.], the button is grayed out completely, so it's clearly not the antivirus blocking it. EA just needs to come clean about the fact no help option exists, nor was there any intent to assist paying customers with errors by design.

Message 5 of 12 (7,058 Views)

EA DICE Team

@gor3zilla

It is possible that there is a bug or problem with the website that needs to be investigated. Could you perhaps upload a screenshot of what you're seeing on your screen when you're stuck?

Message 6 of 12 (7,043 Views)

★ Novice

I've had this same issue for the passed year..

Message 7 of 12 (6,847 Views)

★ Novice

I really hate that they've had this problem with their chat and they can't fix it and makes the customer have to go out of their way to call the company instead of them fixing their website in the first place. What's the point in paying people to run a website if they cant even fix the many problems people have... No wonder why their online services has so many connectivity issues. A simple fix to this is if you submit a doc/word sample about what happens and they email you back, but they don't and when I specifically request them to email back they don't email me back and just say the case is "Solved" good job EA

Message 8 of 12 (6,439 Views)

★★★ Novice

Phone chat isn't an option for everyone. A phone could be broken or someone like myself has to pay for minutes they use and cannot afford to use a phone. This thread was made in 2017 and is STILL AN ISSUE in 2019. Its absolutely unacceptable.

Message 9 of 12 (5,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm getting this too. I bought an expansion pack that's not working and can't get a clear answer on how to fix it. Others have suggested Live Chat as the option for support, but that doesn't work either.

I'm so sick of these companies just thinking this is acceptable and have started looking into how I can launch an official complaint with the US Federal Trade Commission. This habit of making it so hard for customers who have paid money to get the most basic levels of service expectations met (i.e. the thing they purchased just doesn't work, then the option to get help for that also doesn't work) is just not good enough and it's got to change. A big shake-up needs to happen legally because it's unacceptable.

Message 10 of 12 (4,245 Views)