Re: EA Account Won't Link New Persona?

by Amberidia

Original Post

EA Account Won't Link New Persona?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It's an issue that I've been running into for quite sometime, but I lost access to my previous persona due to a ban on the persona linked to the account. An advisor was able to remove the persona from my account, and I swapped out my old email on my EA account with a new one that was associated with my new persona as well. I wanted to link my new persona with the EA account but my game refuses to direct me to the main screen after loading past the title screen. It would be stuck loading for the entirety of that time; I first tried to see if I could log out first, launch the game and open my Battlelog, and then re-login, but this resulted in my screen being stuck in an endless loading cycle without my Battlelog appearing at all so I am unable to access any online features despite this.

As I've mentioned before, I changed my email on my EA account BEFORE I attempted to link it to my new persona, so I am not sure if my previous persona is delaying this or if changing my email before being prompted in-game to create/login to an EA account is what is really preventing me from doing this. This issue persists across every game that I have tried out (Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, etc.) so I am unable to play online from my new persona on any of them as well. My network settings also work fine -- I even tested if this persisted from a different account, but it didn't and the Battlelog loaded successfully from that account. The Battlelog just won't work from the one I am currently trying to link my new persona with.

Any help on how to fix this so that I can use the battlelog and play online?

Message 1 of 3 (360 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Amberidia for account-related issues such as this it is best to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have actually brought this issue forward via Live Chat to an Advisor that previously consulted with me. The Advisor had told me that it may have to wait a little longer due to the recent removal of my previous persona. It's been nine hours since I had contacted the Advisor and even then I am still unable to get past the title screen of my games whenever I'm attempting to log into them. Would I be able to instead contact an Advisor to link my new persona for me so that I could see if this will fix it and allow me to access online features? Asking mostly because this seems much more like a "Battlelog" issue rather than an "account" one.

Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)