EA Account 2FA Not Working

by SeSSioN_ZA

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Account 2FA Not Working

★★★★ Novice

Who must I contact to fix this? The 'help' link in the email I receive is dead.

The problem is that upon activating my 2FA, it indicates that the code provided is invalid. The procedure I followed to obtain the code is 100% correct, it should work.

Kind regards

SeSSioN

Message 1 of 6 (1,049 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Account 2FA Not Working

Community Manager
Hi @SeSSioN_ZA,

Gotcha, looks like you'll need to reach out to an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us for additional assistance on this one for account security reasons. Unfortunately I can't go into further detail over Answers HQ with this specific issue.
EACade

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,007 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @SeSSioN_ZA,

Sorry to hear this, is this happening in a specific game like Simpsons Tapped Out or when you try to access your account?
EACade
Message 2 of 6 (1,044 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hi @EA_Cade

Thank you for your reply, no not in a specific game. It's happening when I try to enable 2FA on my account, I receive a code in my email to verify that it is me, this code successfully works. Then I have to choose between email verification or authenticator. I tried both and unfortunately the codes simply return an error stating that the code provided is invalid.

Could this be because I recently changed my email address for the account? and the system just needs sometime to update.

Kind regards
SeSSioN
Message 3 of 6 (1,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @SeSSioN_ZA,

Hmm, I'm showing that you have login verification currently enabled on your account. Do you see that reflected if you check your account here?

EACade
Message 4 of 6 (1,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Cade,

It is not this account that needs login verification enabled but my shared account with my younger brother. Sorry for the confusion, probably should have mentioned that in my reply.

Kind regards
SeSSioN

Message 5 of 6 (1,023 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @SeSSioN_ZA,

Gotcha, looks like you'll need to reach out to an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us for additional assistance on this one for account security reasons. Unfortunately I can't go into further detail over Answers HQ with this specific issue.
EACade
Message 6 of 6 (1,008 Views)