Re: Dragon Age: Origins - can't buy DLC

by HappyPhantomSim

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@HappyPhantomSim wrote:

I went there and the dlc says "if you bought the physcial copy, to buy and downlaod the addons" and since I got mine through Origin I'm to scared to use my Bioware points in case I download the addons and they don't show up on my digital copy

It worked for my Origin version of the game. You buy them from here with Bioware points, then you go to the page where in shows all your content, you click "More Info - PC" link on all the dlcs (or "Download", if they only have that link) and you get a bunch of *.dazip files. Then you use daupdater.exe to install them all at once.

I can confirm that all my DLC were successfully registered in the game and are playable.

Message 11 of 14 (2,527 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well I registered my game on that site and when I go to my page, at the top there's a top called "Games." When I hover over it, I see Dragon Age 2, when I hover over it I see, "official DLC" is that what you mean? It does list different DLC but when I go to buy one, I have 1600 Bioware Points, I click "buy now" then select PC and it brings me to a different screen that shows a Dragon Age background and says "An error has occurred while trying to process your request, please try again later."

Is there a step I'm missing?

Message 12 of 14 (2,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@HappyPhantomSim wrote:

Well I registered my game on that site and when I go to my page, at the top there's a top called "Games." When I hover over it, I see Dragon Age 2, when I hover over it I see, "official DLC" is that what you mean? It does list different DLC but when I go to buy one, I have 1600 Bioware Points, I click "buy now" then select PC and it brings me to a different screen that shows a Dragon Age background and says "An error has occurred while trying to process your request, please try again later."

Is there a step I'm missing?

No, it sounds as if you're doing everything the same way I did. Although you're trying to buy DLC for DA2, while I only tried this way for DA: O (since I didn't have these problems with Origin for DA2). Either this way does not work for DA2 or there are some other issues involved that I don't know about. I'm sorry I can't help you Confusedmileysad: Sadly, EA support is also pretty useless, but I guess you're stuck with them.

Message 13 of 14 (2,504 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for trying to help I do appreciate it. I'll just do without any DLC since Inquisition is coming out in a couple of months. I have quite a few games on Origin, I just hate that this one game is giving me grief and now I have Biopoints and nothing to spend them on... grr

Message 14 of 14 (2,496 Views)