Re: Dragon Age: Origins - can't buy DLC

by HappyPhantomSim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Origins - can't buy DLC

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is what I get when trying to buy some of the DLC's: http://i.imgur.com/hK9487a.png

I was able to buy other DLCs successfully, also I had no problems buying DLC for Dragon Age II. But these few for DA Origins I can't buy Confusedmileysad:

Message 1 of 14 (1,324 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried it two times and these advisors are of no help. They also suggest some trivial, standard solutions like reinstalling origin, clearing cache and so on. None of them seemed to actually have access to the system to be able to debug it and help me. Aparently though, this is a game-related issue, since the game is quite old and Origin simply doesn't support it fully anymore.

I found the solution myself, aparently Bioware have their own website where you can buy DLC for their games, and I was able to complete my purchase through that site. If anybody will face similar problem - this is how you can get around it.

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (1,260 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Did you change browsers?  Try going back to what worked the last time, or at least, try a different one. 

Message 2 of 14 (1,308 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

Did you change browsers?  Try going back to what worked the last time, or at least, try a different one. 

Browsers? No, I use Origin client. I'm not even sure that there is a way to buy DLC from a website. And yes, I tried buying from Origin client on another PC on Win and also from a Mac - same result. And again, it's just these few DLC for one game, everything else works fine (i.e. I get to the page where they ask me to buy Bioware Points)

Message 3 of 14 (1,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So can anybody help me?  Had anyone faced this problem before?

Message 4 of 14 (1,281 Views)

EA Staff

@1138_Helios 

Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot 
  3. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client
  4. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  5. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

After this please try purchasing the DLC's again.

Message 5 of 14 (1,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi wrote:

@1138_Helios 

Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot 
  3. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client
  4. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  5. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

After this please try purchasing the DLC's again.

I just did everything on that list and it didn't help. Still get the same message. Also, it seems as if those steps are for someone who is having connectivity problems, which I don't. Origin client itself works fine, I can buy other games and DLCs (I get to the point when it asks me about payment methods) it's just these specific few DLCs for one single game that I have issues with.

Message 6 of 14 (1,259 Views)

EA Staff

As the connection issues has been ruled out, the best thing I can recommend is for you to contact an Advisor via live chat or phone so they can check if there is something going on with your account or payment method:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3. Type in the name of the affected game
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Message 7 of 14 (1,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried it two times and these advisors are of no help. They also suggest some trivial, standard solutions like reinstalling origin, clearing cache and so on. None of them seemed to actually have access to the system to be able to debug it and help me. Aparently though, this is a game-related issue, since the game is quite old and Origin simply doesn't support it fully anymore.

I found the solution myself, aparently Bioware have their own website where you can buy DLC for their games, and I was able to complete my purchase through that site. If anybody will face similar problem - this is how you can get around it.

Message 8 of 14 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I went there and the dlc says "if you bought the physcial copy, to buy and downlaod the addons" and since I got mine through Origin I'm to scared to use my Bioware points in case I download the addons and they don't show up on my digital copy. I'm having the exact same issue you did though. Looks like still no fix... Confusedmileysad:

Okay so my screen looks identical to the OP's in the very first post. I just got off chat with help who recommended:

I would request you to follow mentioned steps:
Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
Delete the following folders:

Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\
Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\
Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\

NaziaI would request you to follow mentioned steps:
Navigate to the desktop.
Hold down the Windows key and press R. (This will open the Run dialogue.)
Type cmd and press Enter. (This will open a command prompt.)
Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter
Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
Reboot the computer.

After rebooting the computer and launching Origin, clicking the "i" on my Dragon Age game and selecting one of the addons, I get the exact same error screen again. Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 9 of 14 (1,233 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any help would be much appreciated Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 10 of 14 (1,223 Views)