Dragon Age Inquisition update crawling

by EricBergan

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition update crawling

★★★ Novice

The update for Dragon Age Inquisition is crawling - says it will take 133 hours. Anyone else seeing this?

Message 1 of 10 (698 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition update crawling

★★★ Novice

Just noticed that Origin.exe *32 is consuming 100% of a cpu core, in addition.

Message 2 of 10 (644 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, mine is 25kb a second. 10 hour download.

Message 3 of 10 (636 Views)

★★ Novice

I saw some fanart and thought, y'know, I didn't finish the game because of the holidays, so I went to install it since I had reformatted since then.  Install went fast.  2 hours is about normal for a game that size so that wasn't a surprise.  Now I have a patch downloading slower and slower and finally telling me it'll take over 200 hours to download it.  And it won't let me play without a patch!

I looked around on the internet and there's no other way to patch the game.

(And EA wonders why people pirate stuff, this is a ridiculous problem to have!)

Message 4 of 10 (582 Views)

★★ Novice

Inquisition was only a 2 hour download for you?

Man, it took me over an entire night to download.... and I have good internet.

Message 5 of 10 (576 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup mine was crawling at 10k a sec and then it crashed Origin.  Now my entire game can't start and I get a error -4:503 error when I try to update or play the game. 

Message 6 of 10 (544 Views)

★ Novice

I thought it was a problem w/ DAI being corrupt since it crashed right before the update.

I uninstalled and am trying to reinstall.... big mistake. All the DLC downloaded fine but the game itself keeps giving a 503 error when I try to download it.

Message 7 of 10 (540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just made the same mistake. Seriously man, this is the third time ive had to reinstall this game and im getting kinda sick of doing this.

Message 8 of 10 (526 Views)

★ Novice

I'm getting like 5kbs a sec, download is supposed to take more than a day like that... what's wrong with origin's connection??? Man, I hate origin and ea, just release your games on steam you corporate *.

Message 9 of 10 (519 Views)

★ Novice

Yep, doing the Safemode download let me at least get it started but only using 1/3 of my download speed is sad.

Message 10 of 10 (516 Views)