Downloading the PC variant of a game from a mac?

by mrjordanmcauley

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downloading the PC variant of a game from a mac?

★★★ Newbie

I have a PC at home and I also have a mac for portability. I also have poor internet at home but my girlfriend does not?

Is it possible to get the PC version of the game on a mac to transfer via usb later on?

Thanks

jordan

Message 1 of 2 (150 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Downloading the PC variant of a game from a mac?

Community Manager

@mrjordanmcauley Hi Jordan,

Unfortunately that isn't really possible without a lot of work. You would basically need to install the Windows operating system on the Mac, install the Origin Client for PC and then download the game and then copy it. This could be done through an emulator, or with a dual boot set up.

Unfortunately I cannot really advise you beyond that. It would probably be easier to bring your PC to your girlfriend's house and connect it up to the internet there.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (134 Views)

All Replies

Re: Downloading the PC variant of a game from a mac?

Community Manager

@mrjordanmcauley Hi Jordan,

Unfortunately that isn't really possible without a lot of work. You would basically need to install the Windows operating system on the Mac, install the Origin Client for PC and then download the game and then copy it. This could be done through an emulator, or with a dual boot set up.

Unfortunately I cannot really advise you beyond that. It would probably be easier to bring your PC to your girlfriend's house and connect it up to the internet there.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 2 (135 Views)