Downloading Origin with Windows 10

by michaelamontpas5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downloading Origin with Windows 10

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I am trying to get Origin to download to my PC (ASUS) and every time I try it tells me that there was an issue with downloading, error number 010. I think it might be because I have windows 10 and Origin is only compatible up to windows 7 but is there anything I could do to fix this?

Message 1 of 5 (560 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Downloading Origin with Windows 10

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kristi Is it possible that I'm downloading it wrong? I'm trying to download from the origin website and it only offers up to Windows 7 . So is there another way to do it?

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (546 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@michaelamontpas5 Origin is fully compatible with Windows 10. What is the exact full error that you received? Also just in case, could you please post your DxDiag? To post the DxDiag select the 'Choose File' button below the post box and attach your DxDiag text file. 

Thank you!

Message 2 of 5 (540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kristi Is it possible that I'm downloading it wrong? I'm trying to download from the origin website and it only offers up to Windows 7 . So is there another way to do it?
Message 3 of 5 (547 Views)

EA Staff

@michaelamontpas5 Are you downloading from: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/download

If so, then the following is the minimum requirement: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or later 1ghz Processor · 512mb of RAM 

If your computer meets those requirements, Origin should work.

- Kristi

Message 4 of 5 (531 Views)

★ Novice

I am having same problem and I tried to download from that same link. It will do through the download process, say OriginThinSetup and the Origin icon will pop up but with a white screen and that's it. Can't go no further with it.

Message 5 of 5 (480 Views)