Re: Downloaded game not working.

by Thickness430

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downloaded game not working.

★★★ Newbie

Hello, just purchased battlefield 3 premium, and when comes time to download it, it prepares to download, then an error window pops up stating "download has been paused, Origin needs to install files and in waiting for permission. Please choose ýes' when windows prompts you for permission'

Computer is windows 8.  No windows prompt for permission pops up. it is rediculous how bought a game and cannot play it when it should just download. Done all the fire wall stuff. No dice.  have no hassles downloading games elseware. 

please advice. thankyou in advance.

Message 1 of 7 (410 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

finally fixed it, missing files from origin, my game disc kept installing origin everytime with different files missing. after uninstalling and reinstalling a lot it eventually worked, then downloads started. have paid for all of premium edition to download however and ended up using a disc for the initial game. at least it is working now. origin is extremely buggy.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (324 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You have only one option, you need to disable Administrator account in Windows.And in order to do the ,,job'',do exactly steps of this link.

http://www.wintips.org/enable-administrator-windows-8-windows-7/

You have all the data here for Windows 7 and 8.

Solved your question ? ...please hit Accept As Solution on the post they did so others know it worked or have the curtsy to say " Thanks, but it didn't work "

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 7 (388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

howdy thanks, i will give that a try and report how it goes LOL

Message 3 of 7 (361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that did not work Frown still get the same error message.

if cannot solve this soon i will be asking for a refund Frown

Message 4 of 7 (360 Views)

Community Manager

@epicdragon85 Hi,

So you are alread yrunning the program as administrator as posted in this article here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

If the prompt does not show up at all, I am wondering what your User Account Control settings are. You can check this by following the instructions posted by Microsoft over here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off#1TC=windows-7

Let me know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 7 (348 Views)

★★★ Newbie

finally fixed it, missing files from origin, my game disc kept installing origin everytime with different files missing. after uninstalling and reinstalling a lot it eventually worked, then downloads started. have paid for all of premium edition to download however and ended up using a disc for the initial game. at least it is working now. origin is extremely buggy.

Message 6 of 7 (325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this problem right now and i don't understand why. i am following everything that the pose said but it is not working and i don't understand why can you please help me before i ask for a refund thank you.

Message 7 of 7 (291 Views)