Re: Download resets when 99%, GTW pack. HELP

by nkempeneers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download resets when 99%, GTW pack. HELP

★★ Novice

My download of "Get To Work" Keeps resetting upon reaching 99%. I've tried downloading multiple times, sometimes using the safe download option. I've also tried reinstalling origin and running as administrator. I am running out of ideas because i don't think this is an internet connection problem anymore. Help?

(cant call ea support because the international call rates will kill me)

Message 1 of 7 (404 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@nkempeneers You could try setting up a separate Windows user account and going through the steps on that one. This is to ensure that nothing else is interfering with the game installation.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (357 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@nkempeneers  Hi,

As you have already tried the common solutions (administrator mode, safe mode downloading) without success, please create an Origin Error Report and post its ID in here as highlighted in red below.

1. Open Origin.
  2. From the menu on the top choose "Help"
  3. Select "Origin Error Reporter" (You can read more about it here: http://download.dm.origin.com/oer/en_GB.html )

You will see three screens as shown below. 

1. For type of error select "Downloading Games"
  2. For the description of the problem, please include a brief description (copy/paste of your first post should do) and include a link to your forum post.
  3. Check the box to share diagnostic information and click on "Send Report"
  4. The error reporter will show the second screenshot from below and will then show the third screenshot when finished. On the third one mark and choose to copy (or write down) the Error Report ID text string (bolded) and post it here.

With this ID we will be able to take a closer look at what exactly has been going on. Thank you very much for taking a look in advance.

OER_tool.png

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 7 (386 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! I've sent the error report.

Report ID is: 09e6725d80016839

Message 3 of 7 (383 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@nkempeneers Hi again,

Thanks for the Origin Error Report. The installer log shows the error, but unfortunately I cannot narrow it down to a particular issue.

Can you attempt to do the general download troubleshooting steps that were listed by crinrict here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/td-p/422823...

You have tried some of them already, so feel free to skip bullet point #2.

Let me know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 7 (379 Views)

★★ Novice
Are there any other options i can try? So far none of these have helped complete the download.
Message 5 of 7 (351 Views)

Community Manager

@nkempeneers You could try setting up a separate Windows user account and going through the steps on that one. This is to ensure that nothing else is interfering with the game installation.

Message 6 of 7 (358 Views)

★★ Novice

Good day!

After 2 months, the issue with my download still hasn't been resolved despite the numerous steps undertaken. I never had issues like these with other game clients. I would like to request for a refund so that i can purchase the physical copy of the expansion pack instead.

Message 7 of 7 (327 Views)