Download Goes Backwards

by janesayshi212

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download Goes Backwards

★★★★★ Novice

Please, for the love of all that is true and right in this world, someone help me!

I've been "downloading" Dragon Age: Inquisition since it was released November 18th. Yes, THREE days ago.

It finally got up to about 52% this morning before work, but when I came home, it was down to 46%. Why?!? It's happened all through out the download process, which was annoying enough, but I fixed it by pausing and unpausing the download.

Now even that is not working.

It's seriously disappointing to go to work and come home to find it not only hasn't progressed, it went **bleep** backwards.

What are the possible issues here? Is it my internet connection? Origin?

Please. I've had a real **bleep** week and I just want ONE thing to go right this weekend.

Message 1 of 41 (15,839 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Download Goes Backwards

Hero (Retired)

Close origin
go to the hard drive you have BF4/ your game  installed on
then go into origin games and remove BF4/ your game  folder .. cut it and past it on desk top
Then restart origin so that it can see bf4/ your game is gone
then closed origin again and move bf4/ your game back to the original folder
Then open origin again
And try repair game

or

After you have experienced the error, can you please just close the error window and then resume the download by pressing the small arrow next to the exit option, in the download bar.

Keep doing this and it should finish the download. Remember to only hit it ones and if the error happens again, then resume again and keep doing the process.

or

1. PAUSE download & Log off
2. Completely close the Origin Client
3. Start Origin Client again
4. Log on & Resume download.

Do these steps at least 5-6 times and voila, it should finish. After doing these steps my download finished 100% without problem.

NOTE: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU PAUSE THE DOWNLOAD BEFORE LOGGING OFF AND CLOSING CLIENT!

View in thread

Message 2 of 41 (18,048 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Close origin
go to the hard drive you have BF4/ your game  installed on
then go into origin games and remove BF4/ your game  folder .. cut it and past it on desk top
Then restart origin so that it can see bf4/ your game is gone
then closed origin again and move bf4/ your game back to the original folder
Then open origin again
And try repair game

or

After you have experienced the error, can you please just close the error window and then resume the download by pressing the small arrow next to the exit option, in the download bar.

Keep doing this and it should finish the download. Remember to only hit it ones and if the error happens again, then resume again and keep doing the process.

or

1. PAUSE download & Log off
2. Completely close the Origin Client
3. Start Origin Client again
4. Log on & Resume download.

Do these steps at least 5-6 times and voila, it should finish. After doing these steps my download finished 100% without problem.

NOTE: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU PAUSE THE DOWNLOAD BEFORE LOGGING OFF AND CLOSING CLIENT!

Message 2 of 41 (18,049 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, going to try this right now!

Message 3 of 41 (15,806 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, so I tried your third solution since it seemed the most simple.

After I had paused the download, logged out, closed Origin and re-opened it again, my percentage was 54%. I thought, "wow that's an improvement maybe this will actually work!"

Then I pressed play and it immediately went back down to 48%.

I don't understand life anymore lol. Gonna keep trying though, let you know how it goes :/

Message 4 of 41 (15,805 Views)

Hero (Retired)

ok try this it may fix it....

Another thing to try is re- install origin only.

1. Uninstall Origin completely from Windows Control Panel.
2. Reboot your PC. This is important to clear out any lingering registry files or directories.
3. Download the latest here: http://origin.com/download
4. Install Origin You should not be prompted to update.

Message 5 of 41 (15,800 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm just going to hold onto my optimism and pray that your first suggestion fixed the problem since it seems to be going steadily at this point...I'll really know for certain by tomorrow morning though. I'm just too tired for this **bleep** right now -.-

If the same thing happens again I'll definitely try re-installing!

Message 6 of 41 (15,791 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is happening to me as well.  Someone else created a post on another site with the same issue.  Hoping the suggestions will help.

Message 7 of 41 (15,788 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been facing the same issue for long time. It's been almost two weeks and there has been no solution to this. Please let us know if these steps helped you janesayshi212.

Message 8 of 41 (15,770 Views)

Hero (Retired)

For some reason not sure why it is marked as solved. Is it now fixed for you janesayshi212 ?

Message 9 of 41 (15,764 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am trying to consolidate reports of this issue here, the issue has not been resolved yet.

EA allegedly know about the issue and are working on a resolution for it but no timescale fore resolution has been given nor official announcements been made to date.

Message 10 of 41 (15,741 Views)