Re: Download Goes Backwards

by Cheddarcall

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
Or, you know, it could be that Origin is a really rubbish bit of software.

But blaming peoples internet connections would be an easier 'fix' for EA and it bumbling staff...
Message 31 of 41 (1,301 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But why is it that all my other games are installed with no problem in no time (I'm not talking about small sized games) and Battlefield 1 for example through Origin is not. It's not about the internet connection it must be something about Origin itself that is not working very well I guess. You see there's a lot of people experiencing the same problem… and most gamers have reliable internet connection.

Message 32 of 41 (1,239 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having the same exact problem for over a year now with all my games really, Tried all the fixes and yet nothing works I've been downloading battlefront 2 for almost two days now and cant get past 65%. If these games were available on steam I would never touch Origin. 

Message 33 of 41 (1,224 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's now 2018 and this hasn't been resolved.

Message 34 of 41 (1,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Trying to download the Anthem Alpha and this is happening.
Message 35 of 41 (1,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just ran into the same problem installing Anthem.

I cleared it up by pausing the download, exiting the Origin installer, then going into Task Manager and killing the process there as well.  Restarted Origin, and unpausing the download.  Download proceeded normally and at a higher download speed until completion.

Your milage may vary,

-Kine

Message 36 of 41 (867 Views)

★★★ Novice

Its now april 2019 and my friends and I are all having this issue, when installing games or just updating. EVERY SINGLE TIME we update we get this issue. How is it still around today

Message 37 of 41 (819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2020 and still happening this is so pathetic. Having this issue with Sistem Override collection event from Apex Legends. I was at 64% and it goes all the way down to 30%. Sweet

Message 38 of 41 (680 Views)

★ Novice

Exact same issue here. I was at 93% and it went back to 40%. There are many discussions about this here and there but none of them introduces a proper solution. (at least I couldn't find any)

Message 39 of 41 (664 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's 2022, I've been downloading Jedi: Fallen Order for 3 days now, and nothing. Progress is constantly regressing, sometimes freezing completely for hours, forcing me to cancel it and try again. My internet isn't great, but considering the average speeds Origin is reporting this should've taken me 5 hours

Message 40 of 41 (367 Views)