Download Failed

by jamesn1027

Original Post

Download Failed

★★★ Newbie

Download Failed - I keep getting this error: "Oops… Windows blocked our attempt to download game content. If you'd like to allow Origin to download content to your computer, select "Retry" below. When prompted, grant permission within the User Account Control pop-up.". I press the retry button but, there is no pop-up. Now what? I have been using Origin for a long time now. Why am I having this problem now?

Message 21 of 36 (1,172 Views)

Re: Download Failed

@jamesn1027  Hit Windows key-R and enter "services.msc" without quotes.  Scroll through the list of services to find the ones labeled Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service.  For each, double-click, select "disabled" under Startup type, and click Apply.  Then try downloading again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 36 (1,139 Views)

Game wont dowload

★ Novice

I have been trying for about two days straight now to update and install The Sims.  I am downloading University and Jungle Adventure and trying to update my game but it keeps asking me to approve and give permission to download and I have.  I have ran as administrator many times, uninstalled and installed again, signed out and back in many times, created new folders ad cleared my old one, I have tried everything and none of them have worked.  Help!!! 

Message 23 of 36 (1,085 Views)

Re: Game wont dowload

★★★ Newbie
@tatumisasim I'm having the same issue with SimCity.
Message 24 of 36 (1,060 Views)

Re: Game wont dowload

@tatumisasim and @atreich  Close Origin (choose Exit from the dropdown menu).  Hit Windows key-R and enter "services.msc" without quotes.  Scroll through the long list of services to where Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service are listed.  For each one, double-click, select "Disabled" under Startup type, and click Apply.  Then try to download again.  You may need to restart your computer to get it to work.

Message 25 of 36 (1,052 Views)

Re: Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission.

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much!!!! It's working for me, too! So thankful for you right now, dude.
Message 26 of 36 (1,041 Views)

origin error

★★★★ Apprentice

i'm having a hard time downloading the sims4, it wants to download the sims 4 but can't and want additional permission click on yes when the pop windows opens also i can't the sims 4 digital upgrade when i already bought also origin completely mess up by the origin basic i got for free for two month

Message 27 of 36 (1,067 Views)

Re: origin error

@sim31984  The download issue is easy to fix.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "services.msc" without quotes.  Scroll through the list to Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service, and for each one, double-click on it, select "Disabled" under Startup type, and click Apply.  Then try to download.  You may need to restart your computer to get it to work.

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying about the digital upgrade.  Can you explain the problem more clearly, or maybe provide a screenshot?

Message 28 of 36 (1,048 Views)

SIMS 4 wont update or install

★★★ Newbie

Hello all! 
I haven't played SIMS 4 in about a month. I came back to my computer, launched origin without any issues. But when I tried to launch the Sims, it said there is an update. I've installed updates before with no issues. However, this time it keeps giving me an error along the lines of "Origin needs your permission to install, please click allow in the Windows popup box". There is no popup box that comes up. I have uninstalled both Sims and Origin from my computer. Origin re installs just fine, but the reinstall of Sims gives that same error. I have tried turning UAC to the lowest level and running it, it still did not work. (I have since turned UAC back to the recommended level). I am on an admin account on my computer. 

The only thing I can think of is that I am in Panama, not the US. I have tried running it connected the VPN and disconnected from it. Neither works. I have installed updates here before, and even did my original install while here, so I'm not sure that is the issue. 

Message 29 of 36 (1,158 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 wont update or install

@jessiebennett85  Hit Windows key-R and enter "services.msc" without quotes.  Scroll through the list to Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service.  For each one, double-click, select "Disabled" under Startup type, and click Apply to save the change.  Then try to download again.  You might need to restart your computer for it to work.

Message 30 of 36 (1,148 Views)