Double-Purchased expansion, and can't connect to EA Live Chat to get refund

by MeatBot3000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Double-Purchased expansion, and can't connect to EA Live Chat to get refund

★★★ Newbie

Well, I'm afraid the title says it all.  Or most.  I created the case a few weeks ago (#1002048900703), and I get the pop-up that says "Please wait while we connect you to an EA Game Advisor"... But I've left it running for hours at a time and it gets nowhere, even though it lists the wait time as less than 5 minutes.  o.O

Just as an aside, EA could easily fix this by not allowing us to double-purchase content we've already owned for a year.  Or at least a warning would be nice.  You can't expect gamers in this age of DLC to remember every purchase.

Message 1 of 4 (219 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Double-Purchased expansion, and can't connect to EA Live Chat to get refund

Community Manager

@MeatBot3000 Hey, can you try to use a different browser to reach out to support? In some cases issues with blockers/browser config can manifest problems with chat, trying a different browser usually helps with this. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Thank you, hopefully this can be swiftly resolved. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (210 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@MeatBot3000 Hey, can you try to use a different browser to reach out to support? In some cases issues with blockers/browser config can manifest problems with chat, trying a different browser usually helps with this. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Thank you, hopefully this can be swiftly resolved. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (211 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep, using IE worked.  But hopefully in the future, you guys can give us an in-store reminder before we repurchase stuff we already own.  Plez.

Message 3 of 4 (186 Views)

Community Manager

Yep, it's a poor experience for everyone involved, hopefully this will be changed in a future update. 

Thanks for the update. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (174 Views)