Don't buy * from Uplay

by Sorkova

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Don't buy * from Uplay

★★★ Newbie

Bought Tom Clancey The Division, the season pass, and some of the outfit packs and played them on Uplay. I then made a fresh install of Windows 10 on my computer and reinstalled Uplay 3 months later. Now The Division isnt on my list of game and not even in my purchase history. Ok....I hit up online chat and tell them what is going on. I then post a copy of two of my receipts they emailed to me which include order number, price I paid, my name and address, I mean...everything. I talked to two of these support guys and both ask me for my name, order number, and other information that was clearly posted already. Not only that...I then have to wait for these morons like 3 to 5 minutes between each request that want. Its like...you morons....the information is already post so how about learning to read. One even had the gaul to ask me if I had contacted UbiSoft. Like duh moron....the receipt clearly shows that I made the purchase from Uplay so why the heck would I contact them. Uplay must hire the dredges of the earth to have total incompetent help like this. I've just resigned that I won't have this game any more and I'll never purchase * from these * again. I'll stick to steam from now on. screw these * suckers.

Sorkova

Message 1 of 2 (271 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Don't buy * from Uplay

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Sorkova and welcome to Answers HQ

You might be writing in the wrong location. This forum is run by EA, hence the address help.ea.com, not by Ubisoft which runs the UPlay service and store. Telling people to no buy from UPlay on an EA site is like telling people on the Steam forums to not buy Blizzard games from the Battle.net store - it's quite illogical.

I don't quite know what to say to the rest as your explanation is quite confusing. UPlay is run by Ubisoft so them telling you to contact themselves make little sense - if you bought The Division on the Origin store and contacted EA help and they told you to contact Ubisoft then that makes more sense but as you said you bought the game at Uplay that makes little sense again. So, you need to find out a few things. First, where did you actually buy the game - Origin or UPlay? Who did you actually contact - EA Help or Ubisoft Support?

I couldn't tell these things from your post so I kinda understand how support had a hard time helping you.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (277 Views)

All Replies

Re: Don't buy * from Uplay

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Sorkova and welcome to Answers HQ

You might be writing in the wrong location. This forum is run by EA, hence the address help.ea.com, not by Ubisoft which runs the UPlay service and store. Telling people to no buy from UPlay on an EA site is like telling people on the Steam forums to not buy Blizzard games from the Battle.net store - it's quite illogical.

I don't quite know what to say to the rest as your explanation is quite confusing. UPlay is run by Ubisoft so them telling you to contact themselves make little sense - if you bought The Division on the Origin store and contacted EA help and they told you to contact Ubisoft then that makes more sense but as you said you bought the game at Uplay that makes little sense again. So, you need to find out a few things. First, where did you actually buy the game - Origin or UPlay? Who did you actually contact - EA Help or Ubisoft Support?

I couldn't tell these things from your post so I kinda understand how support had a hard time helping you.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 2 (278 Views)