Re: Disconnected: Critical Update Required MAC

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disconnected: Critical Update Required MAC

★★ Novice

I downloaded Origin for Mac today so that I can download and install the Sims 4 game that I purchased. After downloading and installing Origin, I tried to open it and it says "online login is currently unavailable"! I am able to login anyway, but there is a bar at the top of the window saying that Origin is currently offline then there is a link that says "go online". I click on that and a window pops up saying that Origin is "temporarily disconnected in order to apply a critical update. Please restart the Origin to log back in.". I click "restart now" and a progress window comes up saying that it is downloading the update, but it never finishes. That window just disappears then the login screen comes up with the exact same error! I tried closing the program, but when I start up it automatically starts downloading that same update again! I have tried checking my firewall settings, restarting the program, uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting my computer and anything else that I could think of and nothing is working! Plus there is surprisingly little support online for Mac Origin users.

I am EXTREMELY frustrated with this situation and want it fixed as soon as possible so that I can play the games that I PURCHASED. Why does it need to be this complicated?

Message 1 of 11 (2,404 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@lisrevont Could you please try resetting Origin on your Mac to see if that helps?

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (2,417 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@lisrevont Could you please try resetting Origin on your Mac to see if that helps?

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 11 (2,418 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Windows 10 - had to download update 3 times. on third try Windows permission was needed for origin to make changes. Finally got back on line.

Message 3 of 11 (2,362 Views)

★★ Novice
I ended up speaking to someone on the phone that night and they had me reset the software which fixed the problem. Thanks!
Message 4 of 11 (2,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm having the same problem.  Tried resetting Origin and it didn't work!  What do I do?!

Message 5 of 11 (2,332 Views)

★★★ Novice
@avatarastrid Is it possible your operating system is out of date? That's my problem and sadly, won't be solved until I can get a new computer, as the one I'm currently using has no more storage Frown
Message 6 of 11 (1,996 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what did they say????

Message 7 of 11 (1,929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@lisrevont what did they say??????

Message 8 of 11 (1,927 Views)

★★ Novice
@lisrevont I know this is 4 years later :/ but I found my sims 4 game and wanted to install it again. I downloaded and installed origin and logged into my account and the origin window opens but there’s a pop up saying “disconnected:critical update required. You have been temporarily disconnected in order to apply a critical update. Please restart the Origin client to log back in.” So I click “Restart Now” and it takes me back into the log in screen. And this process just repeats. I also see the link to “Go Online” but then I get that same pop up about the update. But I’m not even seeing an update option. Just the restart. Idk what to do.
Message 9 of 11 (1,864 Views)

★★ Novice
@714roy I'm sorry it was so long ago I can't remember what they told me to do on the phone. I would try giving them a call. I seem to remember that they were very helpful.
Message 10 of 11 (1,852 Views)