Disassociate or De-Link PSN accounts.

by Skytja73

Original Post

Disassociate or De-Link PSN accounts.

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have two accounts.  This is probably from when Origin and EA merged sites.  They are attached to two separate PSN accounts, neither of which, I've accessed since 2009 and their big hack scandal.  I have tried to reset my password there, but no accounts seem to exist with my email address.  I have used the same email addresses since 2004.

That is the background.

The problem is that I have two game series, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age.  I have earlier versions associated on one account, and later installments on the other account.  Strangely, Mass effect 2 and Dragon Age Inquisition on Acct-1, and Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 on Acct 2.

I contacted support, and was told there was no way possible to remove the PSN account association despite neither PSN account existing (seemingly) anymore.

How is it possible to set a flag, or make a database entry, and not be able to unset it?  The UI allows me to change my birth date.  Something that should be immutable.  Luckily, it is mutable because one account had it wrong for some reason.

Yes, I'm upset and a little angry.  I'm frustrated because of the situation, and that there is no notice on the support page that says you can't use firefox or chrome to chat with support.  I initiated my case at 1256 EST, and managed to get through after "Estimated time 1 minute" stayed there until 1530 when I happened to find articles saying you can't use firefox, and have to instead use Edge or IE.

This is a problem.  These issues Can be fixed.  A simple blurb on the Contact page.  2 minutes for whoever updates the website.  If that.  The other issue is solvable.  How can you not detach an ID from an outside source?  What if Sony decided to completely re-do their PSN?  Now all of your customers are stuck with deprecated cruft.

I'm posting this here because the 'Assistant', 'Clifford', told me to post on these forums because he can't send any kind of internal request to Origin/EA's Developers or Database Admins.  Either of which, given an account's information, and verifying my identity, should have access to make the correction.

I was looking forward to Mass Effect Andromeda, Tom Clancy's Wildlands, and some other upcoming games, but I can't give any more money to a company that can't handle a basic customer account request.

I have two decades of Customer Service experience, in person, and over the phone and email.  This is ridiculous.  Please, if a developer or admin sees this, look into this issue.  I can't be the only person with this, given the canned response I received.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (178 Views)

Re: Disassociate or De-Link PSN accounts.

★★★ Newbie

@Skytja73 wrote:
I'm posting this here because the 'Assistant', 'Clifford', told me to post on these forums because he can't send any kind of internal request to Origin/EA's Developers or Database Admins.  Either of which, given an account's information, and verifying my identity, should have access to make the correction.

Clearly, [Customer Support Rep] Clifford was correct.  This post in the forum from February was the best way to reach someone capable of Customer Support.

The response has been beyond . . . Oh, sorry.  Yeah.  As much a waste of time as I'd thought.

Enjoy your Uncanny Valley, Andromeda.

Message 2 of 2 (150 Views)