Desktop Shortcuts

by magiclesquibbles

Original Post

Desktop Shortcuts

★★ Novice

Trying to create a desktop shortcut (not being able to do it from game library is a massive problem, especially considering how many people have asked for it) but trying to do it from files if I add "STAR WARS Battlefront" to desktop (which is the most obvious file that could be a .exe) if I try to launch it it tells me that "core/activation64.dll" is missing. This is the 4th time I'm spending half a day reinstalling a game just to get a desktop shortcut.

Message 1 of 5 (1,011 Views)

Re: Desktop Shortcuts

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @magiclesquibbles

Go you in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Star Wars Battlefront - right click on starwarsbattlefront icon (Application) -click Send to -choose Desktop (create shortcut)

Now this shortcut it will work smoothly,mate.Wink

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 5 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks!!!

Message 3 of 5 (951 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you launch the game, pin it to task bar, then right click and pin to start, then locate it in your start menu and drag it onto your desktop and itll make a shortcut

Message 4 of 5 (820 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (789 Views)