Deleted the sims 4

by strangebeginning

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Deleted the sims 4

★★ Novice

So I'm an idiot and managed to delete my Sims 4 game file that origin was apparantly booting from. I changed my download settings and I thought I was booting from the file on my expansion drive so I deleted the one off of my main hard drive, I was very wrong. 

Will I still be able to retrieve my previous saves or are they likely to have vanished into the ether with my game files? I was only trying to clean up my laptop a bit Disappointed

Message 1 of 4 (412 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Deleted the sims 4

Community Manager

That doesn't sound great @strangebeginning. If it is just the game files you deleted then there is a chance that your save folder may still be safe and sound. By default the Sims 4 save files are located at Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Saves.

The first thing to do is go ahead and check to see if they are in the documents folder, if the folder is still there then make a copy, make a second copy and make another copy. I would suggest emailing one of these to yourself and storing the other on a seperate drive so that you have it. 

Once you have this file you need to reinstall the game,  if some files remain then you should just be able to right click on the game icon and hit repair.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (396 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

That doesn't sound great @strangebeginning. If it is just the game files you deleted then there is a chance that your save folder may still be safe and sound. By default the Sims 4 save files are located at Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Saves.

The first thing to do is go ahead and check to see if they are in the documents folder, if the folder is still there then make a copy, make a second copy and make another copy. I would suggest emailing one of these to yourself and storing the other on a seperate drive so that you have it. 

Once you have this file you need to reinstall the game,  if some files remain then you should just be able to right click on the game icon and hit repair.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (397 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, thank you for the advice!

I was lucky enough and smart enough to have enabled cloud saves! So luckily all of my saves and game data were fine I just had to reinstall the entire thing which felt like a lifetime of waiting! Close call though and I won't be making that mistake again lol.

Message 3 of 4 (382 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that @strangebeginning,

Enjoy your game.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (354 Views)