Re: Dead Space 1

by Grey_Okami1998

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space 1

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, I know these games are fairly old now but I love them and go back every now and then. I've always had the same laptop so you can understand my surprise when all of a sudden after launching the games each gives me an error message "Your Graphics card does not meet Dead Space ( and 2) minimum requirements." I'm well aware that the lowest system specifications is the 2004 Nvidia GeForce 6800, but the games Used to run just fine on this piece of *. I find it difficult to believe there was a patch for a 2006 xbox 360 port, but why else would it no longer run? And what can I do to resolve the issue? Any suggestions or assistance is greatly appreciated, Wolfe.

Message 1 of 8 (867 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

All I can suggest in that case @Grey_Okami1998 is setting everything to low and trying again.

If your system spec is less than the minimum required to run the game then you may still be able to run it but there is no guarantee that it will work.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (797 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Grey_Okami1998 would you by any chance be able to grab us a DxDiag so that we can take a look at your system as a whole?

The more info we have the better we can help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (829 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sure @EA_Darko, sorry about that I thought I had put it in the original post.

Message 3 of 8 (814 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Grey_Okami1998 your CPU is below the minimum required to run Dead Space. Your DxDiag is also not showing an Nvidia GPU but rather just an intel integrated one. 

If your CPU does not meet the requirements to run the game then you will have issues.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (808 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko, I understand that, I do, but the whole point of my asking is that even with subpar specs, both games previously ran.

Message 5 of 8 (804 Views)

Community Manager

All I can suggest in that case @Grey_Okami1998 is setting everything to low and trying again.

If your system spec is less than the minimum required to run the game then you may still be able to run it but there is no guarantee that it will work.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (798 Views)

★★★ Novice

Alright mate thank you for your time, and sorry if I was a tad redundant, cheers @EA_Darko.

Wolfe

Message 7 of 8 (796 Views)

Community Manager

No worries @Grey_Okami1998.

Best thing I can suggest is firstly checking that your Nvidia card is working as it is not showing up in your DxDiag and secondly is to turn all settings down low as you can and see if it makes a difference.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (788 Views)