Deactivated Yahoo Email account

by kdb12121

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Deactivated Yahoo Email account

★★★ Newbie

Hi there.  I recently just got my new series X, and have installed the x version of fifa 21.  When it asked for my login credentials I am unable to access them due to closing the yahoo account associated with it.  I moved over everything else to a new email address, but I forgot about the EA account as I pretty much just set and forget about it.  I had to close my yahoo email account because it has become compromised, and Yahoo doesn't allow you to just remake an email with the same ID. 

So because my gamertag is linked to this ea account, I am unable to unlink it through both EA and Xbox, as through Xbox it just sends me back to the EA website whenever I try.  Unfortunately I am completely stuck.  I tried customer service twice and both times I was asked to recall details about an account I set up about a decade ago and barely used.  I just want to link my gamertag to an email address that I currently use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Otherwise it seems that I am completely stuck in terms of being able to use any online components of any EA games, which just really sucks.

Message 1 of 2 (516 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Deactivated Yahoo Email account

Community Manager

Hi there, @kdb12121.

This isn't something we can help with through Answers HQ. You'll need to contact an advisor again. However, if you're unable to answer those account verification questions, they won't be able to grant access to the account.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (491 Views)

All Replies

Re: Deactivated Yahoo Email account

Community Manager

Hi there, @kdb12121.

This isn't something we can help with through Answers HQ. You'll need to contact an advisor again. However, if you're unable to answer those account verification questions, they won't be able to grant access to the account.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 2 (492 Views)