Re: Why is the Custom Covers option gone?

by DJ_dog210

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Custom Box Art not available anymore?

★★ Novice

My Origin client recently updated to the latest version (10.0.1.30958)  and it's caused me to lose the custom box art that I had set for some of my games.

Has this feature been removed completely, or is it simply somewhere else in the UI to change it now?

Message 1 of 16 (3,431 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Custom Box Art not available anymore?

EA Staff

@InstantSunrise Indeed this feature is not available in the new client Frown

We will forward the request for the feature to make a return.

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (3,759 Views)

All Replies

Re: Custom Box Art not available anymore?

EA Staff

@InstantSunrise Indeed this feature is not available in the new client Frown

We will forward the request for the feature to make a return.

Message 2 of 16 (3,760 Views)

Why is the Custom Covers option gone?

★★ Novice

So I updated Origin tonight (or should I say I was forced to update) and I noticed that all my custom covers are gone.

Why the hell was this feature removed? When will it be implemented again? Why is Origin subjecting me to Man!Shepards ugly face once again?

Where else can I leave feedback for the origin team? Frankly, the option to change all my covers to female leads was the only good thing Origin ever did, and I want that feature back.

Message 3 of 16 (3,252 Views)

Origin 10 removing box art

★★★ Novice

Before origin 10 there was a nice feature called box art but its gone now in origin 10 I used that to find non origin games because of their small icons I want to see if thats an actual change or it will come back or not.

Message 4 of 16 (3,259 Views)

★★ Apprentice

IKR? I got ME3's Deluxe edition of the game and i hated seeing the N7 logo on black background, like comeon - bring back the feature that allows me to put Femshep's cover variant on it.

Message 5 of 16 (2,963 Views)

★★★ Novice

I hate to revive a dead topic but it's now 2019 and I still see no option to add custom box art to games in the Origin Client. Seeing as how it's been 3 years, I'm guessing this is very low priority to EA. For some of us, though, it's a sorely missed feature. I don't have a single game in my Steam account without custom art and I was a little upset when I came back to play some Origin games and found the feature missing. I certainly won't be buying anything new through Origin until the feature returns.

Message 6 of 16 (2,262 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to post and share your feedback @exemplifire, I will pass it on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 16 (2,241 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Well it has been pased on to the team regularly for two and a half years now, I think it's safe to say that the team doesn't care.

That's a shame, without custom covers, my Origin library is the least appealing of all my game launchers. Result is that I simply don't like browsing it or even look at it, and I'm sure I'm far from being alone in that case.

Message 8 of 16 (2,118 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, Its July 2019 and I'm back here to revive this dead topic because I just logged in to Origin for the first time in 14 months, sat through an update, and was immediately annoyed when I saw Male!Hawke staring at me. 

When will custom covers be returned? Why was this feature ever removed?  

Message 9 of 16 (1,911 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ShibbyMary I'm not aware of any plans to bring back custom covers but I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 16 (1,882 Views)