Re: Crysis

by TheKingPossums

Original Post

Crysis

★★★ Newbie

Hi just bought crysis in sale it wont start.Just get a black screen can anyone help please.

Message 1 of 7 (690 Views)

Re: Crysis (unknown version so far)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Inadequate information (for instance WHICH one of the three plus?),  start with this at first 

How to get DxDiag and put it in a Hastebin page:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/PC-Graphic-performance-issues-in-Titanfall-here-s-how-to-help-us/...

Message 2 of 7 (672 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi!

Could you supply some information please? What operating system are you using? Windows 7 64bit? Windows XP? Vista 32bit?

What Processor and GFX card(s)? As much as you can.

Have a nice day!

Message 3 of 7 (660 Views)

Re: Crysis (unknown version so far)

★★★★★ Expert

@dreddybear 

Have you read the message quoted below?

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

Inadequate information (for instance WHICH one of the three plus?),  start with this at first 

How to get DxDiag and put it in a Hastebin page:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/PC-Graphic-performance-issues-in-Titanfall-here-s-how-to-help-us/...

We haven't heard back from you. 

Message 4 of 7 (635 Views)

★ Apprentice

I too get the blank screen on crysis, crysis warhead. crysis 2 and 3 work fine. I had the PC version and it worked flawlessly but lost the key to it so I bought the origin version and the origin version of crysis does not work. it just gives black screen and crashes to desktop. so far no "fixes" I have tried has helped. 

Message 5 of 7 (600 Views)

★ Novice

I have AMD FX 8350 Win 7x64. Black screen.

To resolve this problem you shoud start the game only with one processor core availible fore the game, and then give to it other cores and play.

To do that, you shuold create a start.cmd file (create any .txt document in Bin32 folder whith text in it start /affinity 2 crysis.exe

And start the game by file you just created. After game started - go to Task Manager and set all of your processor cores back to game.

That,s all. (Found solution on STEAM forums and it works)

Message 6 of 7 (571 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This did not work for me. None of the fixes I have read work.

CPU: AMD FX 8320

GPU: GTX 960

RAM 16GB

This game does work on my old PC though (But obviously it is preferable to use the better hardware)

CPU: i5 3350P

GPU: GT 730M

RAM: 16GB

I have the games on Steam and Origin. I have tried the 64bit fix, compatibility modes, Admin privileges, -dx9/-dx10, installing the included directx and vc, to name a few and nothing works. 

Message 7 of 7 (486 Views)