Contacting EA

by fruitytuesdays

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Contacting EA

★★★ Newbie

EA contact us doesnt work. none if the options show up and my account i cannot get into, i need to contact EA is there any other way?

Message 1 of 7 (489 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Contacting EA

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Quite frequently, that symptom rises from using an incompatible browser setup.  Various add-ons and plugins cause such problems.  Try again after you disable all of those extras.  If it still doesn't work, get a fresh new kind of browser, and use it in virginal condition, all settings at default, and no plugins at all. 

Beyond the browser situation, some small Help Center offices are so small that it's not practical to have any live support on weekends at all.  Assuming your English is good, and that has affected you, change your region to the USA and connect here for the Live Chat option.  Be aware that stateside, only a slim staff is on duty weekends, and waiting times on a Sunday can reach two hours or more (no matter what the silly on-screen timer seems to be saying).

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (492 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Quite frequently, that symptom rises from using an incompatible browser setup.  Various add-ons and plugins cause such problems.  Try again after you disable all of those extras.  If it still doesn't work, get a fresh new kind of browser, and use it in virginal condition, all settings at default, and no plugins at all. 

Beyond the browser situation, some small Help Center offices are so small that it's not practical to have any live support on weekends at all.  Assuming your English is good, and that has affected you, change your region to the USA and connect here for the Live Chat option.  Be aware that stateside, only a slim staff is on duty weekends, and waiting times on a Sunday can reach two hours or more (no matter what the silly on-screen timer seems to be saying).

Message 2 of 7 (493 Views)

Community Manager

@fruitytuesdays Hi,

If the suggestions by Gorath do not help or you are living in a country that doesn't support our 'call me' feature, you could call our UK number instead: +44 203 0141818 (Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

Depending on your phone provider, you might want to consider using a Voice-Over-IP service (such as Skype) for this call. Just put your location in the Voice-Over-IP service to UK.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 7 (457 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

USA user here. I've tried clearing cache, disabled add ons, and have switched browsers. I've spent nearly 3 hours and still haven't connected with anyone on chat. This is ridiculous. If EA can't afford support for its games it shouldn't be making them! 

My evening is wasted. Thanks EA.

Message 4 of 7 (396 Views)

Re: Contacting EA support

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

This is not "EA" as such.  This is Answer HQ, which is a game player community website.  I am a volunteer here, not on any salary from the company.  Read my message of last summer.  Two hours is a very common wait time (and more, sometimes), when you choose to attempt to connect at times other than the prime hours of Monday through Friday. 

Since you ignored the nature of this website, and offered limited useful information about specifics, the only suggestion I can offer is that I saw nothing whatsoever about the default browser settings, and I'd be willing to bet you are blocking popups.  You can't do that and use Help Center normally. 

Message 5 of 7 (384 Views)

Re: Contacting EA's support

★★★★★ Expert

@rbrookshire 

Without anything useful in your message to the thread, I could only offer you a WAG.  Chances were in your favor that I hit the right snag, you'd run into, however.  Did you do what I suggested? 

Message 6 of 7 (366 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Pop up blocker was disabled. I tried the suggestions listed here, and was merely pointing out that they did not work for me.
This is an EA web address, though I made no assumption that you specifically work for them. EA support was where my time has been wasted, and have yet to successfully get through to them.
This help forum, along with others, certainly provided hopeful options to help with the issue. Nothing has been resolved yet, though I hope that this forum is able to help others that encounter a similar issue.
Message 7 of 7 (351 Views)