Complaint about EA’s complete lack of customer service

by FTF96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Complaint about EA’s complete lack of customer service

★★ Novice
Looking at this forum, I can see I am FAR from alone. Not only is there a complete lack of customer service, but looking at other threads, EA just lock them rather than responding, further cementing how poor their customer service is. Well I’m posting anyway because it’s completely disgraceful.

Nearly 72 hours ago I invested in in-app purchases on Galaxy of Heroes for BOTH my kids on separate accounts, neither of which received what I paid for, so I did what anyone would do and contacted EA. Nearly 3 days later, I’ve had 5 Asian representatives find every conceivable way of stalling, not one took any action in delivering what was paid for. They’ve:

- Tried blaming Apple’s parental controls and suggest I don’t use them, making it possible for young kids to run up massive bills,

- Tried saying that delays are normal due to servers, when they are not,

- Asked for the same evidence over and over countless times,

- Tried saying that these accounts don’t exist, despite rock solid evidence to the contrary,

- Guaranteed is receive my purchases one minute, then ask for additional evidence the next,

- As soon as I’ve satisfied their every attempt to stall, palm me off onto another representative to start the entire process all over again without warning.

I don’t normally get mad at customer service teams, but these guys have truly tested my patience. Despite bulletproof evidence of payment they just do anything they can not to honour it. Utterly utterly disgusting.
Message 1 of 5 (552 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Complaint about EA’s complete lack of customer service

Community Manager

@FTF96 Sorry to hear about the issues you faced, I took a look at your account and can see that you were advised to speak with Apple as it is not something that we could help with.

On underage accounts, errors like this can occur and unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do to force the purchases through. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (558 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Nearly into day 4 and 7 customer service reps later, EA’s answer to this was to offer 1/10th what I paid for, take it or leave it.
Message 2 of 5 (537 Views)

Community Manager

@FTF96 Sorry to hear about the issues you faced, I took a look at your account and can see that you were advised to speak with Apple as it is not something that we could help with.

On underage accounts, errors like this can occur and unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do to force the purchases through. 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (559 Views)

★★ Novice
It's just not good enough. You made the game, the responsibility falls on you. You allow purchases to be made on under age accounts, but you don't honour them. This has nothing whatsoever to do with Apple. You made the game, you made the purchase system. Blaming underaged accounts is disgraceful.
Message 4 of 5 (449 Views)

Community Manager

@FTF96 While EA did, in fact, develop and publish the game, all purchases are done through Apple and as such in relation to issues such as this you will need to speak with them. 

As you were advised previously, there is nothing we can do in relation to this issue and you will need to contact Apple support. 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (446 Views)